HDTV Cable requirements

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Raul - I know the pole mount isn't basic - what I mean is, if I already have a pole mount, and Directv changed their specifications on the size of the pole needed - it should be them to pay....My neighbor just had dish upgraded - Dish HD - 1 5/8 " pole....No charge....That's what I mean - I can't use Dish though - I have special packages that DTV grandfathered in from years ago as I have mentioned, so these channels would be unavailable to me if I jumped ship...He is coming tomorrow and I will report back hopefully with excellent news.

They didnt really change the specifications, its two different dishes, that use two different masts for conventional mounting to roofs or walls etc, thus two different pole diameters, glad all is in, just wanted to add this bit of information for others.

OK folks - I promised I would report back. Installer has come and gone and all work completed in 20 minutes - He did supply me with a new 2 inch pole - He slipped it over the other pole and dug a foot or more around it and filled it with Sackrete. He then tried for a signal but determined he had to go in the attic and remove the splitter - No power inserter was installed - All done 75 bucks - Thanks to all of your knowledge - each and every one of you! I worried for nothing!
Jow

Great,
Glad it all worked out for you !!!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)