Heat Wave...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Down here in Columbia it's like living in a swamp with lots of leggy crawly flying things. The bugs down here are so bad I have to treat my houses every two months during the summer. Oh and did I mention mosquitos? I have bug zappers on my patios that really get workouts. Paint jobs on houses don't last long because of the humidity. I have a friend who has lived in Colorado the past 5 years. He came back last summer to visit. Planned to stay for a week. Called it bull s***t and left for Myrtle Beach after two days and then flew home.

hee hee

this is funny...next 5 days for Duluth (now this is for the airport which is 3 miles from downtown. since the wind blows off the alke, the temp can be 10 degrees cooler downtown

Gotta love those 90 degree days on the hill and you drive downtown (which is maybe 1 1/2 miles) and its 45 :D

Last edited:
Bunnyman said:
Hey Charper, I'm in north central PHX near 19th Avenue and W. Glendale Ave.
Nice to make contact with another PHX person!

I agree, high humidity sucks. I used to live in Washington DC and often in the summertime we would get the "daily double" - temperature and humidity both at 98. Those days were so incredibly miserable, 115 degrees and dry was much more tolerable.

I moved to the Phoenix area last August from Houston, TX and I agree that 109 with 7% Humidity beats 95 with 90% humidity! I am in the NW part of the Valley in Peoria around 83rd and Beardsley.

Here in Texas, my A/C stays at 69-70 from March to October. I like it cold. My girlfriend has a large selection of sweats.

SatelliteGAL said:
Ok I have to ask those of you living in those hot temperatures.... what do you set your a/c on? I know it cant be the 72 I have mine on in the summer.

Mine stays on 72 here in Phoenix. It may be 110 outside, but it is always 72 inside. :D

SatelliteGAL said:
Ok I have to ask those of you living in those hot temperatures.... what do you set your a/c on? I know it cant be the 72 I have mine on in the summer.

when I need it....71 during the day...68 at night

oh, and for the folks in the hot spots....balmy 57 today :)

Last edited:
Heat wave is done here too. 60's and rain for the last two days. Really strange Spring in Oklahoma.

Originally quoted by jbphoenix:
Mine stays on 72 here in Phoenix. It may be 110 outside, but it is always 72 inside.

Jeez, I'm in PHX too and my thermostat is set to 80. Your cooling bill for the summer months must be astronomical. :eek:

72 degrees? Can I come live with you? :D

It was in the 90's last week in Portland, OR but I escaped the heat by going to Las Vegas, where it was ONLY 106! And my brother just loves to rent convertibles and, of course, he had to drive around town on Memorial Day weekend when traffic is at an absolute stand still and I was in the back seat baking my ass off. I came home today to cloudy, cool, 61 degree weather...Yahoo!!

Charper1, looks like your having a cooling trend (at least a small one). Bank thermometer read 57 degrees after some rain went through today, supposed to be in the 80's later this week. My thermometer which is pretty accurate here at my house reads 67 with cloud cover.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts