Hell on Wheels - on AMC

I asked my husband (In all seriousness) if he thought they borrowed the WALKING DEAD make-up guys. They did do a great job.

That was quite the gorefest last night. Good episode.

S~

As much as I hate to use these acromyms: OMG! and WTF!

Not a fan of gratuitous gore ... unless it involves a zombie's head being smashed in. ;)

It was cool to see some of Ruth's backstory. I almost completely forgot what happened to her dad. He nearly drank himself to death and then joined up with a Native American tribe, right?

I like the fact that Mick has suddenly become a playah. Don't understand why they're treating Ruth like they are. Since she protected Mick I'm thinking that the Dead Rabbits will have something to do with her outcome.

Next Episode: S04, E12

Saturday, November 15, 2014

"13 Steps":
Cullen struggles with Ruth's unexpected decision; Louise risks her reputation to fight for a story she believes in.

S~

I thought for sure the candlelight vigil would change Ruth's mind. This is the second, what I would consider, senseless deaths of a key female protagonist on this show, the first being Lily.

Next Episode: S04, E13 (Season Finale)

Saturday, November 22, 2014

"Further West":
As the railroad prepares to leave Cheyenne behind after Sherman Peak; Cullen returns to Fort Smith to get his family.

S~

Man... What a disappointing finale. At this point, I'd rather them finish the series next year instead of dragging it out in two. And... bring back the original writers.

S~

Reactions: Zookster
Man... What a disappointing finale. At this point, I'd rather them finish the series next year instead of dragging it out in two. And... bring back the original writers.

S~

Not a finale at all. It felt more like a set up for next season. They could have at least had more exciting moments with Campbell trying to clean up/take over Cheyenne. Or a confrontation between Cullen and the Swede or Brigham Young while trying to find Naomi and William. Speaking of which did Cullen see Naomi's father's body at Fort Laramie or is he presumed still alive?

I thought it was interesting, though, that the premise of the show started with Cullen getting involved with the railroad to get revenge for his wife and son. Now it looks like the show will be driven by him hooking up with the other end of the railroad to find his wife and son.

Time to set a reminder timer so that I remember to watch it on my computer's AMC App.

$%^* Microsoft removed the AMC (and ESPN) app from my Xbox 360.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts