Help: Hopper cant be installed says tech (Bcuz of multi-dish setup)

Sounds to me like a lazy installer. Hoppers have no problems with using the DPP33 or the DPP44. One dish or four dishes. I have a 1000.2 hooked to a DPP44 and a DPP33 hooked to the DPP44, due to the number of receivers I have. With two Duo Nodes and a jumper between the MoCA connections, 12 Hopper tuners on 4 Hoppers that can all see each other. Self-installed, 119/110/129.

Sent from my iPad 2 using Forum Runner

Sounds to me like a lazy installer. Hoppers have no problems with using the DPP33 or the DPP44. One dish or four dishes. I have a 1000.2 hooked to a DPP44 and a DPP33 hooked to the DPP44, due to the number of receivers I have. With two Duo Nodes and a jumper between the MoCA connections, 12 Hopper tuners on 4 Hoppers that can all see each other. Self-installed, 119/110/129.

Sent from my iPad 2 using Forum Runner
Thats similar to what i thought and pretty much how we're set up now. I asked the second guy that came out that day and he admitted he just doesnt know if it would work. He did atleast recommend i call dish and get an internal installer to come out instead of a sub contractor. He says they have more access to information about what would and would not work.

Get a supervisor out there. There is no problem with Hoppers and multiple dishes. I have three dishes for 61.5, 72.7 and 110/119 (and a DP44), all due to line of sight issues.

Get a supervisor out there. There is no problem with Hoppers and multiple dishes. I have three dishes for 61.5, 72.7 and 110/119 (and a DP44), all due to line of sight issues.
Got an internal tech coming out Wednesday. Wish me luck. One more thing. Does anyone know how the system would react without 129. coverage is minimal at best because of a tree. and the other arc is out of the question.

The installer just left my house and says we cant upgrade to the hopper. Because theres no clear sight to all three locations 110,119 and 129 From one single location. We currently have a Multidish setup getting Both 110 and 119 strong. As far as i know where one of my dishes is. I can see both 119 and 129. IN another location i get good signal on 110. I dont understand why We now have to have everything on one dish. Does anyone else have a multidish setup with the Hopper?

A little background. I installed my original setup 15 years ago. With no problem. I'm very technical.
Take a look at "TheList" at the top of the page (under subscriptions) and see what programming is on which satellite. 119 & 129 provide most of the main package programming, so if your locals are not on 110, a two satellite solution might work for you.

OK heres the update. Had a new tech come out. (here now) He actual put a dish together to see if he could get signal instead of being lazy like the last installer (just used a fancy compass) . He got all 3 sats 110/119/129 from 1 location. Currently installing my hopper system.

OK heres the update. Had a new tech come out. (here now) He actual put a dish together to see if he could get signal instead of being lazy like the last installer (just used a fancy compass) . He got all 3 sats 110/119/129 from 1 location. Currently installing my hopper system.

Just hope that in a couple of months when the trees leaf out you don't have a problem. Glad they got it working and hope it will as the seasons progress.

Sent from my phone using SatelliteGuys

As a tech using the "fancy compass" (a.k.a. Inclinometer) is how you check for line of site. You don't need a dish to do it, and it isn't the lazy way out.

Granted, you may have had a lazy tech who NOLO'd it originally, because they thought it too difficult. But usung the proper tools to check for LOS isn't lazy. You are supposed to give 5° clearance for leaves and other growth. Well, they just changed it to 5-50-5 (within 50ft of dish allow 5ft of clearance, after that is 5°). So hopefully the new spot doesn't run into issues in the spring/summer.

As a tech using the "fancy compass" (a.k.a. Inclinometer) is how you check for line of site. You don't need a dish to do it, and it isn't the lazy way out.

Granted, you may have had a lazy tech who NOLO'd it originally, because they thought it too difficult. But usung the proper tools to check for LOS isn't lazy. You are supposed to give 5° clearance for leaves and other growth. Well, they just changed it to 5-50-5 (within 50ft of dish allow 5ft of clearance, after that is 5°). So hopefully the new spot doesn't run into issues in the spring/summer.
Well i call this particular installer lazy because he didnt even consider this spot on my roof an option. He took 2 looks and basically said i was S.O.L. And this spot has 5ft clearance. My 129 Signal is stronger than Ive ever had with 110/119. The first guy even admitted it wasnt worth it for them to try it because of what Dish pays them and it was a big Job. My house requires almost a whole house rewire.

Well i call this particular installer lazy because he didnt even consider this spot on my roof an option. He took 2 looks and basically said i was S.O.L. And this spot has 5ft clearance. My 129 Signal is stronger than Ive ever had with 110/119. The first guy even admitted it wasnt worth it for them to try it because of what Dish pays them and it was a big Job. My house requires almost a whole house rewire.

Yes, I was only saying that checking for LOS that way wasn't lazy and the installer may have been, just not because of that.

Anyway, glad you got it worked out.

I have a multi dish setup in NJ looking at 61.5, 72, 77, 119. I have two Hoppers and four Joeys, two dish setup going to a DPP44, a dual node and then to each location in my home. The only problem I have had was when I recently upgraded one of my Hoppers to a Hopper with Sling the software took extremely long to down load as I believe it was confused as to which satellite location to pull it from 61.5 or 119.

I would ask for a different installer.

Good Luck,

Bruce