Help satellites lost

doll.jeff

Original poster
Aug 11, 2009
des moines
Alright so i'm new here so hopefully you guys can direct me in the direction of how to fix this. i have a dish vip722 dvr hooked to my dish500 satellite. there are 3 receivers total running in the house (a aforementioned dual receiver in my basement and a single in my bedroom) recently my 722 was giving me channel errors. some channels would work some of the time. others wouldn't work. so i did a check switch at the recommendation of a friend and it seems that this reciever is only getting sat 119 on input 1 and only getting sat 110 on input two. i checked all my connections and everything seems to be fine. the kicker is my receiver upstairs is still getting them both. so it works fine. i am pretty much at a loss. i disconnected both inputs from the 722 and ran check switch again and its going through the long switch check process right now but i'm just confused. how do i get both inputs to recognize both satellites?

Alright so i'm new here so hopefully you guys can direct me in the direction of how to fix this. i have a dish vip722 dvr hooked to my dish500 satellite. there are 3 receivers total running in the house (a aforementioned dual receiver in my basement and a single in my bedroom) recently my 722 was giving me channel errors. some channels would work some of the time. others wouldn't work. so i did a check switch at the recommendation of a friend and it seems that this reciever is only getting sat 119 on input 1 and only getting sat 110 on input two. i checked all my connections and everything seems to be fine. the kicker is my receiver upstairs is still getting them both. so it works fine. i am pretty much at a loss. i disconnected both inputs from the 722 and ran check switch again and its going through the long switch check process right now but i'm just confused. how do i get both inputs to recognize both satellites?

Assuming there's a separator going into the 722, try flipping it (inverting it, moving 1->2 and 2->1) Then run the check switch again and see if you get the same result. If you have 2 separate wires going into the 722 (and no separator), swap them and re-test.

Could be something as simple as a bad cable line. Just gotta get past the troubleshooting.

You can also try running a "dummy" line from the ground block to the receiver.

**You have 3 tuners, not receivers.**

okay there are a few things that can be wrong: one, you do not have a diplexer. its going to be a little red or blue splitter that most likely will say "holland" on it. this is going to be the first thing the cable goes into when it comes from the wall. it has to be there if you have a tv2 with just one cable going through the wall. on that holland piece, make sure the part that says in/out goes through the wall. make sure the part that says uhf/vhf or 0-950MHz goes to the "Home distribution" part on your rcvr. the last part, the one that says 2150 MHz or "sat" or anything else goes to the splitter thats connected to the box itself.It will say "dish pro separator". make SURE that it is not a regular splitter. Next, make sure youre using a DPP Twin. you can see this on your good box by pressing menu-6-1-3, and in field h it says device. it must be DPP, not DP or anything else. if it does say DP, then you need two seperate cables coming from the dish to the 722. :) good luck!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)