help? What am i pointed at?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

smikolaj

SatelliteGuys Family
Sep 8, 2006
Southern NH
So, I lost power a couple of days ago... I thought I was pointing at 123W but apparently I'm not. I was hoping for my COPS fix on kwbm. I am on a satellite that has a lot of scrambled channels, none ITC from my blind scan, and 18 audio channels ITC - where am I? I guess if I figure this out I will have to unplug the coax to the dish and set my Rx to that position and go from there?

audio is on 10750/12334 V
video is on 12306/20003 H

at least the audio is playing retro 80's.

Any help appreciated.

Thanks.

smikolaj

SatelliteGuys Family
Sep 8, 2006
Southern NH
I have a linear LNB so maybe 127? How do I move the dish to 123W? or do I unplug the coax and tell it that it is at 127W and plug it back in and go form there? I have a traxis 3500? No clue how I got out of sync since power went out while I was at work...

Mr Tony

SatelliteGuys Pro
Supporting Founder
Nov 17, 2003
Mankato, MN
The best thing to do is move the motor back to true south and see if it moves there. If it doesn't stop on True south, then move the motor to true south and reset the motor.

Seems odd the motor moved after the power came back on.

By the way...what channels showed up scrambled? Any specific names? I thought those channels on 127 were gone but maybe not??

smikolaj

SatelliteGuys Family
Sep 8, 2006
Southern NH
I'll try going to 72 for true south. When I moved to 101W and scanned I get 12099/20002 H with ABN and Live channel and a couple of others and IPTV News/Drama/Variety are scrambled. Guess I can sift through lyngsat to see which way is up.

smikolaj

SatelliteGuys Family
Sep 8, 2006
Southern NH
I moved to 72W and then at the bottom I selected "move to reference" did a scan and I got GBN and KFTL. Looks good for now, i will play around and see if that fixed it. Learn something new everyday.

Thanks for making it look so easy.

Steve

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)