Help with Bluetooth headset on Joey 2.0

rharkins

SatelliteGuys Guru
Mar 8, 2006
Kansas City, MO USA
I got a shiny new pair of Sony MDR-ZX770BN Bluetooth headphones. They immediately paired with my Joey 2.0 with Bluetooth dongle. Everything is great!

Unfortunately, when you turn the headphones off, it's impossible to use the headphones again without unpairing/re-pairing them. The Joey correctly reports that the headphones are paired and either 'connected' when the headphones are turned on, or 'disconnected' when turned off. No sound, however.

I've re-initialized the headphones and re-paired them many times. They always work right after pairing, but not after a power cycle. Kind of a pain to have to re-pair every time you want to use the headphones.

I paired the headphones with my PC, and it works as expected. Turn the headphones off, and they disconnect. Turn them back on, and they reconnect immediately and continue to work.

Any ideas?

rharkins

SatelliteGuys Guru
Mar 8, 2006
Kansas City, MO USA
It looks like this is some kind of 'corner case' in the Bluetooth protocol. The Hopper 3 acts the same as the Joey2+Bluetooth dongle, i.e. no sound in the new Sony headphones after disconnecting and reconnecting. Both the H3 and Joey work perfectly with a different Bluetooth headphone, and the new Sony headphones work fine with my PC and my phone.

Sony tech support was no help. A Google search shows a handful of people having the same problem with a wide variety of hardware.

Looks like the Sony headphones are going back.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts