Help with making DVD's...

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Cobra5wood

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Nov 12, 2004
St. Charles. Il.
Since there are no Directv Tivo's which have internal DVD burners, can someone recommend a good external DVD burner to use? Also, can you "download" the Tivo recordings to the external burner over Super-video(along with L&R Audio)? How do you get your best results without going thru a PC? Thanks!

I have a Pioneer that I've been pleased with, but I have nothing to compare it with. I wish it had a few more menu screen background options, but that's not a big deal.

To record from a Tivo, all you have to do is hook up the DVD burner between the Tivo and the TV. Then you just record on the DVD burner like you would a VCR. The burner doesn't 'know' that it's getting the signal from a Tivo, it's just getting a signal. Just like the Tivo has no idea it's sending it's signal through a DVD burner.

I have a Toshiba DVD RD-XS32 that does a great job of archiving shows from my TiVo to DVD. It has a hard disk that allows me to edit out commercial breaks before burning. An absolute breeze to use, once you get used to it. (It has RF, composite and S-Video inputs. It is also a progressive scan DVD player with component outputs.)

One thing to be aware of, is that with D*, HBO is passing a broadcast flag that prevents you from recording their programming to DVD.

There are ways around that, but it is verboten to speak of it here.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)