"Hitch" in local HD DVRd programs

Status
Please reply by conversation.

HookemNovo

Original poster
Jan 19, 2008
Pflugerville, TX
I'm getting a recurring hitch in some of my programs recorded in HD from my local stations (Austin, TX). It's extremely annoying, as it causes the program to "jump" every few seconds. I've done the whole receiver reset thing (both with the red button and disconnecting/reconnecting the power cord), and it will be ok for a program or two then come back. Anyone else ever had this problem with their locals?

I'm getting a recurring hitch in some of my programs recorded in HD from my local stations (Austin, TX). It's extremely annoying, as it causes the program to "jump" every few seconds. I've done the whole receiver reset thing (both with the red button and disconnecting/reconnecting the power cord), and it will be ok for a program or two then come back. Anyone else ever had this problem with their locals?

Nope on two HR20-700's and a HR21-200 using D*'s HD LIL feed for 7, 24 and 42 and OTA for 36-1. I will say there has been some CE software levels where if I paused a live program for a few minutes then used the 30 second skip function to get to the end of the buffer but hitting the 5 second skip back cleared it. Next time it happens try using the 5 second skip back and see if that clears, if yes then I guess you have one of the software levels that it happened on. If that's not it what you can try is the reset everything option via the menus (it in the system setup screen) which will wipe EVERYTHING off you harddrive. If it still happens I'd say call DirecTV and ask for a replacement since it sounds then like a harddrive issue.

BTW, if you want to reset the box you should always try to use the reset function in the menus. Doing that is a much nicer way to reset, give the box a chance to do a controlled shutdown, just like a shutdown on your computer, the red button should be used only if you can't get the box to respond to allow for the menu reset.

Status
Please reply by conversation.