Hmmm... Super Powers

An advanced video on demand primetime anytime service available when you connect your Hopper to a broadband connection. Dish records all the channels contents and you have access to them anytime. Dish figures out a way around getting into trouble for doing so.

A colossal waste of bandwidth!!!!

I wonder when we will have a leak of information? I mean bound to have whatever factory is already building these things should have some people working there that can or have leaked pictures or stats of the hardware if there is indeed a updated hopper.

If Dish did Primetime Anytime with SD channels then imagine how many channels they can record on a transponder then. I know, its not HD, but would be an interesting option to have for Hoppers at 110/119/129.

Could Dish have one tuner record more than one transponder at a time?

Yeah...I started to upgrade to the HWS several times...first decided to wait over the ESPN situation...then when that looked like that was safe from a disaster I pondered it again...right up till that lovely "update" came out couple weeks ago...and now news of Hopper3 (or "Super Hopper", or whatever we decide to call it in the meantime :haha). Looks like I'll wait till January to make the call now.

You are over thinking it. There will always be a better mousetrap introduced right after you buy one.

Maybe its new superpower will be the ability to attract more lawsuits than any box before?

I can only imagine what Dish could add to annoy the networks... No commercials ever?

You are over thinking it. There will always be a better mousetrap introduced right after you buy one.

You're actually preaching to the choir on that one. :up

This one has been more extenuating circumstances (the ESPN mess - reluctant to extend contract, just in case) and potential technical issues (the EHD probs with last "update" - issues transferring recordings from current Hopper to a new HWS), than it has been about waiting on the better mouse trap. Since it is just a few weeks, might as well wait and see on this one!

For sure what they will be doing is turning on PTAT type behavior for channels sharing transponders. I've heard from multiple people they've been working on that for a while. Not sure if AutoHop would be on other channels though.

Maybe adding a ATA function to the hopper allowing for VOIP connections through the device as well.

Need to allow you to use a large capacity thumb drive for extra storage vs a powered external HDD. The idea here is to use something that does not have a MOVING PART, which we all know can and will fail at some point so why not use something that does not have a moving part and does not require power.

Need to allow you to use a large capacity thumb drive for extra storage vs a powered external HDD. The idea here is to use something that does not have a MOVING PART, which we all know can and will fail at some point so why not use something that does not have a moving part and does not require power.

All electronics require power to function.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)