Hold on to your return receipts

Mojoe

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jan 28, 2009
OK City
I have been being bugged by dish network for the last month about the return of my defective 722 receiver. For some reason they fail to be able to keep their records correct! I've heard of this happening with others on the forum before but have not had this problem myself. Believe me they seem to think that they never make any mistakes, and the right hand does not know what the left hand is doing! All I can tell you all is keep your receipts. If they end up charging me for a returned receiver I will cut this suckers in a heartbeat. Been with them since their beginning also. They just keep getting worse! What the Hell is the matter DISH!:(

Last edited:
PM a DIRT member I am sure they can resolve this for you.

UPS told me this years ago when returning a receiver, they know as well there is a issue with dish making claims receivers were not returned.

I sent my broken 722K back last week. When I took it the the FedX store, they gave me a receipt with a tracking number, which I checked and it shows delivered date. Also, I got an email from Dish when they received it. Also, my online Dish account shows that it was received. WHERE DID YOU GO WRONG.!

If Dish rec'd his receiver and everything was in order, I'm quite certain he wouldn't be here warning people. Beside the fact that they're bugging him about a receiver and he's anticipating them charging him for the receiver.

A friend of mine sent back a receiver he didn't need to the wrong dish address about a year ago. They sent him a bill for the receiver so he called to ask if they would check at the dish address to verify they got it. They said it wasn,t there job, so pay. He packed up the rest and sent them all to same address and told them where they could put them. They sent a notice to pay $700 or be sued. He is now with Directtv.

Not sure how intelligent of a move that was... The first was a mistake and cost him, then he sends more stuff there, knowing it's the wrong place?

The OP is correct, I have seen posts of this happening before. Considering how many returns there are every year, I wouldn't say it happens very often however. Keeping the receipt is always a good idea, though with UPS they can bring up your shipment if needed. I'm sure Dish sees it as "the check is in the mail" when people say they sent it back because you have to wonder how many don't actually do it.

They are usually good at checking in returned equipment.

If they claim they can't find it after your positive you sent it back, send them an empty box and put 12 pounds as the weight.

Give them the tracking number and see them try to dispute that.

Not trying to pull a scam, but what's fair is fair. You shouldn't have to pay for them loosing your receiver.

Thank you Matt for the reply but lets see if my last call to dish takes care of the problem. I guess my point is that from my experience dish does not like to a mitt too making any errors. Aka: 922 receiver, I had five of them! Con "Grats" to anyone that had a good one but hope you don't have return it for a refurb. Don't get me wrong! I like their product but don't like being at their mercy for being under some contract. I have stayed with them for many years but find them to keep getting worse. But what the hell S is news, Is it just me or is anyone else seeing this?

PS: For all of you out there! I have kept all of my receipts and have received all my e-mails. But for some reason I keep getting those harassing calls from Dish Network.

I have been being bugged by dish network for the last month about the return of my defective 722 receiver. For some reason they fail to be able to keep their records correct! I've heard of this happening with others on the forum before but have not had this problem myself. Believe me they seem to think that they never make any mistakes, and the right hand does not know what the left hand is doing! All I can tell you all is keep your receipts. If they end up charging me for a returned receiver I will cut this suckers in a heartbeat. Been with them since their beginning also. They just keep getting worse! What the Hell is the matter DISH!:(

During my tenure as a tech, I strongly reminded all customers that were returning eq on upgrades, failures etc to retain all paperwork as this was their only proof the eq was returned.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts