HOPPER 3 UPGRADES

A few years ago, lots of members here were putting laptop coolers under their DVRs (myself included). Even though they weren't perfectly set up based on the DVR's cooling arrangement, they did normally drop the temps up to 10º F. On the Hopper 1 and 2, and presumably on the 3 as well, the airflow is designed to go from one side to the other - across the board and components - so cooling from the bottom isn't ideal.

Reactions: xfoneguy
They could certainly enable it later easily but they may have decided that this isn't something that 99% of users need. Rest assured, they know your DVR's vital statistics. Remember a couple of years ago when customers were being called by Dish because there were issues like LNB drift and other problems ? The customer/user didn't know that was "wrong" as again, 99% of customers never go into the Point Dish menu and then run a Check Switch.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1454089379.192144.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No, it's not. Generally speaking, if the TV is off, the receiver is off. The only time that's not the case is when there's a recording in process or someone is using a Joey.
The hopper and Joey are basically always on 24/7. Unless you unplug the power cord, it's using the same amount of energy. This was all checked when the hopper was launched. There's a whole thread about it with measurements.

It's possible that the H3 works differently, but I highly doubt it. Still worth checking what it does draw in the real world just to see how bad it is compared to older hoppers.

The wattage listed on the receiver would be the peak or maximum wattage the receiver would need. When it first starts up it probably would have a peak current draw from inrush current. Once started the current goes down.

I was thinking about coming back to dish and let directv go. i wonder would i qualify for the new hopper? It sounds like a great receiver....

I was thinking about coming back to dish and let directv go. i wonder would i qualify for the new hopper? It sounds like a great receiver....
The only way you can find out is to call and see. The new Hopper in not available as of this moment but may well be in the next day or two as we have been hearing. No sense in calling until you see, here, that it is available.

Reactions: delance7

When it's released you should give Dish a call and see if you qualify as a new customer and all of the promotions. If you do sign up don't forget you can use a referral number to save additional money on your bill.

Reactions: delance7
When people start getting this installed, someone with a "Kill-A-Watt" will let us know how many watts when on and how many when off.
My HWS draws about 62w on and 60w when off.

Reactions: stardust3

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)