Hopper Joey 1309 communication error

mrbasicshark

Original poster
Jun 4, 2010
KY
Just upgrade from original hopper and one joey to hopper with sling...only thing I changed was the hopper box....the Joey shows that it is linked to the new hopper with sling...however the Joey give a 1309 error , Hopper with Sling Communication error....have reset the boxes several time and get the same error...again the Joey and hopper sling shows linked but gets a communication error....any ideas anyone?

yep, I unplug both the Joey and the Hopper WS several times....also did the multi unplug routine on the Joey that I found online....all no help....scheduled a service call....then after some more tinkering with no luck....I hooked back up my deactivated original hopper, since it was just deactivated today and not sent back yet....and much to my surprise it was still working, linked the Joey to it...and guess what no Joey problems...worked fine....after standing and scratching my head a few minutes just looking at the Joey...I said , o well, unplugged the Joey then went and hooked back up the Hopper WS....However this time the Hopper WS had me go through the initial set-up steps again, so i did...got done and got it going...then went and plugged the Joey back up....Linked the Joey from the Joey after it booted up and BINGO, is working fine at the moment....so no clue what all that was about...wish I would have hooked the original hopper back up to begin with though, seeing how I spent half the night running back and forth , not to mention double checking the wiring in my unfinished basement, and the time on the phone with tech support....guess it was some electronic hiccup...anyway, if it comes up again, maybe this post might help someone else. Thanks for the reply as well. You never know what might help sometimes....o yea and I canceled the service call :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)