Hopper\PC Question

doug2168

Original poster
May 24, 2015
home
Hello,

I just joined this forum because I like the info here. My question for you is this, "is there a way to watch the Dish channels on my PC without using the software Dish provides?"

You can either use the Sling software on the Dish Website or buy an HD SlingBox, both work but I prefer the SlingBox since the virtual remote for whichever receiver it is connected to will look just like your original remote.

Simplest is Dish Anywhere. Yep, Dish s/w. I suspect any non Dish s/w would be illegal.

I have dual access. I use DishAnywhere and also have an HDMI cable from the Hopper with Sling to my 2nd monitor so I can mirror what my wife is watching on her HWS.

Technically Sling is Echostar software (in fact, it [Dish] is ALL Echostar software), so I suppose you could get a Slingbox, as suggested. That is the best and easiest way to achieve your stated goal, and it is legal and sanctioned. I do it all the time when I am on the PC. It will work for just about ANY device from DVR's, to DVD/Blu-ray Players etc. Any other methods would be naughty and that can get you banned from here. :).

Irony at it's best! While reading this thread it dawns on me that I'm watching a Dish channel on my PC DVBS tuner without their software or hardware or my Slingbox. 100% legal.
The channel happens to be unscrambled right now. So there you have one coincidental way of doing just that. ;)

Irony at it's best! While reading this thread it dawns on me that I'm watching a Dish channel on my PC DVBS tuner without their software or hardware or my Slingbox. 100% legal.
The channel happens to be unscrambled right now. So there you have one coincidental way of doing just that. ;)
That's the Pirate Channel, right ;)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)