Hopper Timers not visible online or via iOS App

patrickstuart

Original poster
Sep 14, 2012
mn
Anyone with a hopper able to see their timers for their hoppers either on dishonline.com or iOS App?

I haven't been able to see timers on one hopper since my install 3 weeks ago, and on my second hopper I was able to see timers for about a day or so, 3 days ago.

Gotten every possible answer from dish support, but nothing seems to make the timers show up.

Doing a packet capture off my network shows both hoppers are sending SSL encrypted data to a DISH owned IP when dishonline.com requests it, so it can't be a firewall issue. It seems like a parsing issue on Dish's end.

Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

Same here. I get the recordings showing in both the app and online, but no timers nor rentals. Yes, Dish has given me all kinds of reasons, but nothing valid and no fixes.

That didn't work for me. Ironically, now one hopper shows my timers but the other doesn't. Also, the hopper that doesn't show timers can't also set timers via the web either. But it does show the recordings.

Wow, think I finally have this one fixed... Time will tell.

For those with 2 hoppers, there seems to be an issue with the fact that the hopper's host name is hopper_ethx where x is either 0 or 1 depending on if you plugin bottom or top ethernet connection.

If you have two hoppers and both ethernet bottom jacks are plugged into your network, it will cause problems because the host names will be the same...

Two options, plug into the top ethernet on one, or enable bridge mode on one hopper and unplug the ethernet on the other hopper.

Magically, both sets of timers now show up on dishonline.com

Will wait till tomorrow to see if this truely fixes the issue and survives the reboot nightly process.

... the fact that the hopper's host name is hopper_ethx where x is either 0 or 1 depending on if you plugin bottom or top ethernet connection.

If you have two hoppers and both ethernet bottom jacks are plugged into your network, it will cause problems because the host names will be the same...

This didn't fix it for me. The only time I can see timers on either of my hoppers is when I have been actively using one and it hasn't timed out due to inactivity (not 100%) or if I set a timer online first (100% so far).

Last edited:
This didn't fix it for me. The only time I can see timers on either of my hoppers is when I have been actively using one and it hasn't timed out due to inactivity (not 100%) or if I set a timer online first (100% so far).

Creating a new timer is the only way I have been able to make the timers appear. A pain in the as.. but it will work.

Dish Online now says the the 'recorder is offline' and there's a button to Reconnect. It doesn't, of course, but the new timer trick still works.

I have an x10 appliance module attached to my hopper so I can remote reboot when I get the Hopper offline message. That fixes the offline issue

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)