Hopper with sling improvements

More Apps. :) Sorry it was to easy to pass up Right now

I really can't think today what can make the HWS better, full integration with another Hopper but sounds like that's not happening but the next best thing is being discussed that is accessing timers from other hoppers would make it that much better Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

The only improvements that I can think of right now are just to iron out the bugs that it has now. Other than that it does about everything I could wish out of a DVR.

When I high lite a show in the grid I'd like to see the original air date in the description at the top instead of having to push info on every episode to see if its new or not. Oh, and fix the search history so it only saves the entire search term and not every letter separately. Other than that I think it's pretty much perfect.

Full integration between hoppers like they said we would have, & the ability to change update time, both have been asked for since the beginning.

Basic request is this: look at the list of things customers have been complaining about for 2 years (!!) & try to fix those before adding any more fancy features. I love my new technology, but I'm being told now that if I want integration I'm going to have to upgrade to a new receiver (& it probably won't be free) & commit to a new 2 yr agreement to get a feature that was previously promised when I upgraded before.

If SJ has integration, why not have it available for Hoppers?

Last edited:
Higher DVR timer and event limits.

When recording back to back shows on the same network, have an overlap in the recording so that the end of the first and the beginning of the second isn't cut off. It drives me nuts when I have to switch recordings to see the end or beginning of another show. Additionally, anywhere from 5-10 seconds of recording is missed when this happens, and sometimes it is significant to the plot.

PTAT extended to include CW and PBS.

more apps for me also i wanted to let you guys know

31448818.jpg

Full integration between hoppers like they said we would have, & the ability to change update time, both have been asked for since the beginning.

Basic request is this: look at the list of things customers have been complaining about for 2 years (!!) & try to fix those before adding any more fancy features. I love my new technology, but I'm being told now that if I want integration I'm going to have to upgrade to a new receiver (& it probably won't be free) & commit to a new 2 yr agreement to get a feature that was previously promised when I upgraded before.

If SJ has integration, why not have it available for Hoppers?

Was full integration promised though? I think we were all hopeful it would be and Dish talked about it but I'm not sure it was promised.

1. Remove all current bugs.
2. Extent the PTAT w/all local, including Hispanic local. (I know that exist the USB device for local tuner.)
3. Send (Copy-Free) material to PC (like Tivo Desktop).
4. Ability to change CC/SAP in one-button remote.
5. More APPS.

In a future Hardware upgrade:
1. S-video output
2. IEE-1394 (at least for local and some permitted channel).

Maybe it was only talked about - like several other things that were just mentioned at CES & will probably never happen. I just find it frustrating that if I want integration now I'll have one less tuner & less storage space, have to pay to upgrade & commit to Dish again. If integration can be done with a SJ & Hopper, why not between 2 Hoppers? Shouldn't it be just a software issue?

Maybe it was only talked about - like several other things that were just mentioned at CES & will probably never happen. I just find it frustrating that if I want integration now I'll have one less tuner & less storage space, have to pay to upgrade & commit to Dish again. If integration can be done with a SJ & Hopper, why not between 2 Hoppers? Shouldn't it be just a software issue?

It's a matter of complications. I think. 2 Hoppers combined tuners list, no problem. But then combining the recordings into one list, sorted many ways, and EHDs? I think it could get quite complicated for the user.

I would like to see the ability to name each EHD. This would make life so much simpler.

I wish I was an engineer and knew how the entire Hopper system works but I'm not. It seems for some reason they are just not able to simply combine the Hoppers but since the Super Joey is not a Hopper, but a Client, it seems to work.

For a Two hopper one Joey set up like myself. When asked about swapping a Joey for a super Joey MOCA bandwith would be a issue

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

Higher DVR timer and event limits.

When recording back to back shows on the same network, have an overlap in the recording so that the end of the first and the beginning of the second isn't cut off. It drives me nuts when I have to switch recordings to see the end or beginning of another show. Additionally, anywhere from 5-10 seconds of recording is missed when this happens, and sometimes it is significant to the plot.

PTAT extended to include CW and PBS.
Yes! I almost forgot about this. Good post dangue. Annoying issue I never had with directv.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)