Hopper With Sling, Optical Audio Cutting Out

It would be nice if someone from Dish/Dirt would confirm that their techs are aware of the problem and are working on a solution which will be implemented soon. It is unacceptable that this has gone on this long with no acknowledgement.

Sent from my iPhone 5 using SatelliteGuys

It would be nice if someone from Dish/Dirt would confirm that their techs are aware of the problem and are working on a solution which will be implemented soon. It is unacceptable that this has gone on this long with no acknowledgement.

Sent from my iPhone 5 using SatelliteGuys

Yeah, I mean they asked for the info a month ago, how does it go this long without an update?

I did forward the information that was sent to me along, and haven't heard anything since. I will see if I can get any information on this.

Run HDMI from hopper to my receiver. Over the last month, I get random drop outs of audio that last a second or less. Very annoying, especially with my recorded shows. Seeing no fix for this?

If someone wanted to use a Joey for optical audio as a work-around for the Hooper dropout problem, could they use the ethernet input on the joey to provide the internet for the full system? For example, I use a hard-wired ethernet connection directly from my router to my Hopper. But if I swap locations for the Joey, my router won't be anywhere near it anymore. I noticed the Joey has an ethernet jack but I'm not sure what it's for. :confused:

The Hopper has WiFi wherever you place it.

Correct, but I was unsure of whether the throughput would be as good (and as fast) as a Hopper hard-wired to Ethernet. After trying it, I was very pleasantly surprised to be getting FASTER download/upload speeds with the wifi-connected Hopper than with hard-wired ethernet!

Last edited:
What about ditching the HDMI out and going with component and optical audio? Is there still an issue then? Getting ready to upgrade from 922. This may be a deal killer for me as my receiver does not pull audio from HDMI, it only passes picture.

322 Receiver only feeding one TV.

Dish Technicians not up to date on Hopper

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts