How do I get started

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Well I'm not getting that dish. His grandfather decieded he wanted 100 for it and I'm not paying that so I remembered we had a family friend when I was little had a nice one so I drove out to there house and it's still there so I left a not for them but I believe I found a Winegard Pinnacle dish

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    32.9 KB · Views: 212
Last edited:
Still haven't heard anything on the Winegard. In St. Louis right is and seen another one with a H-H mount and in the wrong vehicle and no tools.

Attachments

• IMG_1165.PNG
    IMG_1165.PNG
    89.5 KB · Views: 214
  • IMG_1166.PNG
    IMG_1166.PNG
    87.3 KB · Views: 213
Reactions: hank123
Keep at it. Before you know it you will be planting a dish in your own yard! :)

Reactions: coltonjared
Trust me I wanted to but it's a 3 hour drive to get back to the house where I seen the dish from I-70 and I half to hope they will let me have it. They only dish I've been offered besides the 7.5 is a 6ft which I have no idea what I could use it for

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    58.2 KB · Views: 185
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    37.1 KB · Views: 155
I did see a fiberglass dish in poor condition not far from me but has the AJAK on it. Be nice if I can get that motor and the first pinnacle I found and combine them

I'd seriously try to get both Pinnacles. The one for the H-H mount, but ditch the buttonhook and use the 4 arm support from the other, Plus you have spare parts that are hard to come by.

I thought a button hook was better because you can adjust the focal length and skew from the rear of the dish.

You should try hard to get that pinnacle with ajak.

Last edited:
On a lot of dishes a 3 or 4 point is better because a button hook would tend to be long and a little flimsy,leading to whipping in the wind or sagging.
The BH does have the advantage of being able to ,relatively easily, adjust focal length and skew from the back of the dish.If the pipe hasn't welded itself to the mounting tube,like my Paraclipse.

I found a dish today while out driving and the owner of the house was outside so I stopped and asked if he wanted to get rid of it and he said yes so now a have a Winegard Pinnacle. I'm going to take it down later today

Attachments

• IMG_1185.JPG
    IMG_1185.JPG
    85.7 KB · Views: 213
  • IMG_1186.JPG
    IMG_1186.JPG
    133.8 KB · Views: 212
Has anyone seen the motor before seems really old also where should I begin looking for a 4 inch pole cause the one in the ground is not coming back out without a jackhammer.

Attachments

• IMG_1189.JPG
    IMG_1189.JPG
    84.3 KB · Views: 199
  • IMG_1190.JPG
    IMG_1190.JPG
    77.1 KB · Views: 179
Try the local salvage yard for pipe.
Either get a whole new pole...
OR... saw the original pole off flush with the ground using a recip saw... then weld an extension pipe to the bottom.

Reactions: hank123
Nice Dish dude. I'd ask him for self-supporting radio tower behind it as well.
I would call if your local metal yard to see what they have look at spending 30 to $50

Von Weiss made a very good actuator back in the day, and I think they may still be in business.

They are built to last, unlike most of the foreign-made stuff that is available today.

If that one will work with your setup the price is reasonable for what it is, might even be able to pick it up cheaper with an offer.

Well the STS actuator is shot, the magnets in the motor are shattered. The Super Jack II was seized up but I worked it loose and sanded the rust down now it works but I need to find grease for it. Now my concern is will it be to small to drive the Winegard since it came off a 8ft dish. Has anyone put this on a 10ft dish and have problems with it?

Just a update. Found a pole I need to buy once I get a day off from work. 90 for a 10 foot pole. I think I'm going to go with the ck1s lnbf from titanium but looks like I'll need some kind off switch to connect them. Does anyone have any recommendations on which one to get?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)