How do I get started

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Some actuator models have removable/replaceable end joints, while others are part of the extension arm (clamped/welded). The lower ball joint clamp near the motor could be cut off and replaced if needed. The lower ball joint clamp is a universal part (order the correct diameter).

That seems to be the problem cause I tried to take off the end but it's not budging so I'm guessing it's welding on. It's a super jack 2 actuator that's at lease 20 years old

I thought that was the new ones. Suck cause this does work but can't use it if the pivots don't work. To make matters worse I'm not allowed to spend any more money on it and i was told if the system doesn't work it's coming right back down

Superjack was always a less expensive Chinese import and an economical choice. I'm sure the dish will work fine. :biggrin

Leave the ball joint soaking for the next few weeks and maybe the monetary controller will feel sorry for you working on it every night and release some funding...

The good news is that you don't need a motor to point and lock down the dish on some good programming!

Attach the ball joint to something heavy. Might bolt it to a trailer hitch on a vehicle. I use the attachment posts on a plow.Then try working the actuator back and forth by hand. An extension pipe on the actuator will give more leverage, but be careful that you don't break the actuator.

Either it will break loose.... wring the end off the actuator.... or pick up whatever you have it attached to. (If you pick up a truck....I ain't gonna mess with you.lol)

I tried using a torch to loosen the rod in an old superjack. It loosened real nice... but melted the teflon acme nut inside. Ooops! No real loss since I discovered the threads were corroded away after I cut it open.

Reactions: KE4EST
What makes me sick is my little brother just quit his job a few months ago to go back to his old job but he was building all different types of actuators. He probably could have got me what I needed.

So this happened when I started messing with it when I got home from work. Guess it does screw off. Any ideas where to find a new one?

Attachments

• IMG_1440.JPG
    IMG_1440.JPG
    52.3 KB · Views: 189
Reactions: Phalaenopsis
So this happened when I started messing with it when I got home from work. Guess it does screw off. Any ideas where to find a new one?

rickssatellitedishmovers

Scroll down a bit. You'd want this model, a little care, and it'll likely last the rest of your life. The ball screw model right below that is even better, but more expensive:

Venture MA-810-24K - $ 149.00
24" ACME Screw, 1000 lb Load, 32 Pulse, 10' Suggested mesh dish size.

Shoot well I'm hoping I'll get a call Thursday or Friday from a guy who's dish I asked about today. He used to be a dealer and might have a actuator in the shop but he's busy for the next two days so he can't check.

Status
Please reply by conversation.