How Easy is it To Change your Service Address?

Joseph4200

Original poster
Sep 18, 2006
I live in area code 31820 and locals are not available in my area.

The stations wont grant me waivers either...

I heard that you could just change your service address.

Will this work? Does anybody know what area i could change my address to that would allow me to receive the waivers?

Last edited:
My friend lives in Lawrenceville GA, zipcode 30043

area right outside ot ATL... Will her address work?

Geez.....my E* account says my service is at 1 CNN Center, lol.

Just choose an address and be done with it. You really are overthinking this.

So you can choose (make up) an address where you would receive hd locals. But live in a market were you cant get hd locals and in return get hd locals. Dont you have to have proof of were you live?

Depending on what you prefer: Atlanta, Macon, & Augusta are all on Spotbeam 6, which covers Columbus.
Macon does tend to cover Columbus news a bit more than Atlanta, but Atlanta has HD.

As for an address, I find a made up one works. Just look up McDonalds in a DMA's city, then add 1 to the address number, and your set.

I assume paperless billing is required?

Are Detroit's locals on spot beam? I'm thinkin' of "moving" to the other side of the state since the Grand Rapids market isn't on E*'s HD radar in the near future.....

Otherwise I may move to NYC.

Last edited:
tjwgrr said:
I assume paperless billing is required?

Are Detroit's locals on spot beam? I'm thinkin' of "moving" to the other side of the state since the Grand Rapids market isn't on E*'s HD radar in the near future.....

Otherwise I may move to NYC.

Thinking about "moving" to Detroit as well as I don't expect Flint/Saginaw/Bay City LiLs anytime soon. NYC might be nice too LOL. :D

Looks like Detroit is on 118, and I wonder if it's a spotbeam. Don't think I want to purchase yet another dish......

Is NYC on spotbeam since they moved to 110? This idea may not work afterall......

Just remember, after you do the virtual move, anything you oder from Dish or if you request a service call, they will respond to your new virtual address or if you should get a replacementr receiver, it will go to your new virtual address.

tjwgrr said:
Looks like Detroit is on 118, and I wonder if it's a spotbeam. Don't think I want to purchase yet another dish......

Is NYC on spotbeam since they moved to 110? This idea may not work afterall......

Detroit is not on a spotbeam, its conus (nationwide)..

One would need to install a Dish 1000 PLUS to get Detroit HD locals though.. This is the new Dish 1000 that points at 4 orbital locations..

I'd love to 'move' to NYC or somewhere I can get NYC locals.

I don't have a clue how to get an address there.

My 622 could then get NYC locals and HD locals and I can still use OTA for my local locals and hd locals

guffy1 said:
Atlanta is not on a spot beam..Its conus (nationwide)...

So i just ordered Dish Network so if i change to an address to atlanta in the future I wont be able to receive the locals in HD?

Joseph4200 said:
So i just ordered Dish Network so if i change to an address to atlanta in the future I wont be able to receive the locals in HD?

Yes, you can get Atlanta HD locals if you move your service address to Atlanta..

Depending on where you live you could have problems seeing the 129 satt though..

East Coast and Pacific NW I believe are the problem areas for 129..

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)