How I Met Your Mother

It was supposed to be a new show last night, but they put in a rerun instead. I suppose that they figured Sandy would wipe out a big chunk of their viewers and kill the ratings.

teachsac said:
Yeap. CBS ran reruns, while ABC and NBC aired new programming.

S~

Wish they all would have ran reruns. I lost everything due to my dish ptat screw up

Sent from my phone using SatelliteGuys sweet app

I liked the episodes shown last night. Wed all knew that robin and Barney would get together but the way they did it was amusing and it explained the loose end of the earlier hint about Ted and Robin not quite being over.

So ted is the Fifth wheel now. I guess we need to finally meet the mother now.

I liked the episodes shown last night. Wed all knew that robin and Barney would get together but the way they did it was amusing and it explained the loose end of the earlier hint about Ted and Robin not quite being over.

So ted is the Fifth wheel now. I guess we need to finally meet the mother now.

I agree about Monday's episode.

I think they are going to play with us a bit yet. Don't forget that they signed Abby Elliot
http://insidetv.ew.com/2012/08/27/how-i-met-your-mother-abby-elliott/

I see her a a good multi-episode diversion. I just don't see her as mother material.

"We're thrilled to have the hilarious Abby Elliot joining us in an arc as Janeane, the craziest girl the 'HIMYM' gang has ever encountered. And the strange, inexplicable phenomenon is: the crazier Janeane gets, the more attractive one of the gang finds her," executive producer Craig Thomas told EW. "It doesn't end well."

This next season better be the one where Ted finally mets the damn mother he is going to marry. IF Barney and Robin get married by this season end , it will only leave Ted alone and looking for love. IN real life , most people get married when all their friends do and they are left the only single . Especially when they get in their 30s, guys start thinking about settling down.

I still say it could go on for at least a season even after we meet her. After all how many series have been about how two people get together

Read the Carter Bayes interview in the first link I posted above. Note that they have signed two actresses to be Ted's temporary love interests yet this season. Then note that we are halfway through the season with only 12 episodes to go.

Bayes stated that they had written through episode 16 or so. 17-22 are up for grabs and dependent on whether they make a deal. Now that the deal for a season 9 seems to be firming up, I am going to make a prediction. Barney and Robin will get married in the season finale. We will see the mother from the back and she will turn as we fade out for the cliffhanger, making us wait until September to learn her identity.

Season 9 will be about the courtship, the series ending with Ted's wedding.

I still say it could go on for at least a season even after we meet her. After all how many series have been about how two people get together

Mike and Molly comes to mind. The entire show has been centered around them meeting and dating and they got married at the end of the last season finale.

Read the Carter Bayes interview in the first link I posted above. Note that they have signed two actresses to be Ted's temporary love interests yet this season. Then note that we are halfway through the season with only 12 episodes to go.

Bayes stated that they had written through episode 16 or so. 17-22 are up for grabs and dependent on whether they make a deal. Now that the deal for a season 9 seems to be firming up, I am going to make a prediction. Barney and Robin will get married in the season finale. We will see the mother from the back and she will turn as we fade out for the cliffhanger, making us wait until September to learn her identity.

Season 9 will be about the courtship, the series ending with Ted's wedding.

I would prefer that to ending t with their meeting or a whirlwind courtship. It means nothing I f we don't get to know her a bit.

So he meets the mother because she is in the band in the wedding---and ted knew her ex roommate. Interesting but I wonder why they revealed that bit----and the fact that the wedding is 4 months hence now.

Do they just wnat to discredit the Barney's sister internet rumor as the basis for her being there or is there more to it?

It was in the apartment when he thought all of that stuff belonged to her. The umbrella was there, too. I think she was the one bent over on the train.

S~

hahaha, how did you know? :eek:

Based on everything that's been shown, I think it's Barney's sister. Pretty much fits every clue that's been given.

Also, the crew knows who the mother is, as the reveal scene with the kids was shot a couple years ago, so they could do it before they age too much (if you notice, you'll see that all the scenes with the kids have been using rehashed footage the past few seasons).

I never really thought it fit any clues (other than her possibly being in college at the right time)but I think this episode put idea to rest.

Last edited:
You could be right. Derwin was not the only one that was convinced that was triue. It was a pretty common belief.

Disney XD To Show ‘Doctor Who’ Seasons Featuring David Tennant

Boomtowners on Smithsonian

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)