How I Met Your Mother

The Show's Title Was a "Fake-Out"

Josh Radnor was one of the few people who knew how How I Met Your Mother would end from the very beginning. "They had mentioned to me the twist about the mother in the first season, and I kind of put it out of my head," said the TV star, whose character, Ted, ended the series by asking out Cobie Smudlers ' character, Robin, several years after the death of his first wife, Tracy, played by Cristin Milioti.

http://xfinity.comcast.net/articles/entertainment-eonline/20140402/b527547/?cid=hero_media

S~

I am glad it is over. I could have skipped the entire season and just watched the final episode.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

I havent watched in about 3 years. I watched the final episode and understood just about everything.

Deadline: ‘How I Met Your Mother’ Series’ DVD Set To Include Alternate Ending To Series Finale

By NELLIE ANDREEVA
I hear the alternate ending does not involve additional footage but rather a different editing of the episode. HIMYM producers and studio 20th Century Fox TV would not comment on any specifics of the alternate closing, but a source described it as a “happy ending.”

deadline.com

That made me want to burn the whole season down the toilet. All this lead up and then that. UGH!

More than one season. when did the whole Barney/Robin thing start? How many times did ted "get past" Robin?

Well at least if you buy the dvd you can have your choice of which ending you want. I think the producers really should run the alternate ending on tv for those who wanted the happy ending. They would get the ratings up all over again. They could even show it on a different night like Saturday ,since all they show on those days is reruns anyway. They could show it in May during ratings sweeps month and advertise the True "forgotten" ending that the Producers really wanted to show ,instead of the crappy one. I'd watch it again, if they showed it with the right ending .;)

I don't think there was a happy ending/edit.

They saw all the hate for the ending they did, and love for the fan edit, so are now saying that they had made a good ending, just to alleviate the pressure.

I didn't know Cobie, Robin, was battling ovarian cancer starting in season 3. She had several surgeries and is now cancer free. Best wishes.

S~

I didn't know Cobie, Robin, was battling ovarian cancer starting in season 3. She had several surgeries and is now cancer free. Best wishes.

S~

That probably expalins the fairly dramatic weight loss. I had always attributed it trying to conform to Hollywood's conception of female beauty but this shows I should not assume so much about what is going on in someone's life.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts