How I Met Your Mother

Next Episode: Season 9, Episode 22

Monday, March 24, 2014

"The End of the Aisle": With only a half an hour left before the wedding, Robin and Barney panic; Lily and Marshall rewrite their wedding vows.

S~

CBS execs to HIMYM writers: Good news we have decided to extend the show with another season
HIMYM writers: the only episode left is the wedding....
CBS: I am sure you can stretch it out for 24 or so episodes....

The actual ceremony was a letdown, all the build up to not actually hearing it... Then they showed all the closeups of people in the audience only to show the pews filled with extras and all those shown in the closeups not even present.

But Mike, you are pre-disposed against liking it. Personally, I am glad they didn't focus on a bunch of stuff going wrong during the wedding itself. Now we can get on with the reception and the stuff we care about, like Ted actually meeting the mother.

But Mike, you are pre-disposed against liking it. Personally, I am glad they didn't focus on a bunch of stuff going wrong during the wedding itself. Now we can get on with the reception and the stuff we care about, like Ted actually meeting the mother.

WHAT? No............... Wait for it........................ Honeymoon episode??????:rant:

Ted met the mother episodes ago... There is only one episode left...

Next Episode: Series Finale

Monday, March 31, 2014

"Last Forever": Ted's kids hear the end of the story of how he met their mother.

S~

damn them. May they rot in Hell.

Since someone else already spoiled it...

It will be 6 years since Cindy died in August. The words Ted spoke, were similar to mine as she was going through her battle. I was left with two small children to raise without her. Needless to say, when they pulled that crap, I lost it and had to pause and leave. The worst is that there is no Robin waiting for me. I fell hard for her, and never ever hedged my bets.

BTW, unless Ted married Robin at the end, the timelines don't work. If the kids are still in their teens six years after Tracy died, then she died 10-15 years after they met.
I clearly recall that at the college reunion, Ted talked about needing to find his wife, and there were various Ted's wife references during flash forwards on Lilly and Marshall's patio when they were old.

I completely understand. I was left with 4 girls. My oldest daughter introduced me to my girlfriend. We've been together 9 years now. I was really hoping that was not how it would end. Fitting end to the series, though.

S~

Initial Overnight Ratings

CBS How I Met Your Mother - Series Finale 5.3/16 12.94
NBC The Voice (8-10PM) 3.4/9 12.08
ABC Dancing with the Stars (8-10PM) 2.2/6 13.69
FOX Bones 1.5/4 5.63
CW Star-Crossed 0.4/1 1.10

S~

It felt tacked on. They had shot the teenage kids back in 2006 and felt locked into that storyline. My main beef with this is that they spent an entire season on a buildup to the wedding and then negated it 10 minutes into the episode that followed it and rapidly devolved Barney into a jerk again. They also needed to show Ted grieving a little for The Mother for at least a few seconds.... Yes, it was six years supposedly, but she was supposedly The One, and deserved a short piece of mourning in the montage (a tearful goodbye over the open casket where he could have put the yellow umbrella into it with her.....).....

It felt tacked on. They had shot the teenage kids back in 2006 and felt locked into that storyline.
I wonder about that, especially since the actress that played Robin could easily have moved on.

I bet they shot several different scenarios with the kids for the finale. Be curious if they're put on the Final season bluray

I am glad it is over. I could have skipped the entire season and just watched the final episode.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts