How long gone until recognized as a new customer again?

asmcbride

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jan 20, 2005
WV/VA
i keep getting these great offers from my local telco, Frontier, if I come back to them as a new customer for their telephone and DSL and bundled with Dish satellite. I'm already a Dish customer and have been for the last 12 years...so, here's what I was wondering....if I dropped dish, how long would I have to be gone from them until they would recognize me as a new customer again, or do they never offer that again as long as I'm still at the same address where I've had their service before?

it would be really nice to get this $89/month for 12 months promo price from Frontier for their triple pack bundle and the $450 Apple gift card....but I'm guessing this promo will likely be gone by the time I could qualify as a new Dish customer again...

Thoughts? Do many folks out there leave Dish for Directv and then come back as a new customer after a year or so?

what do you mean by other requirements? Just the term commitment for 24 months? 90 days isn't really bad at all...so after 90 days would I be considered a brand new customer again and eligible for whatever the new customer promo would be, such as free equipment, etc?

I believe it is the following:

1. Last name must be different
2. Different phone number
3. Different address

If 2 out of those 3 things are the same as your old account, you won't qualify as a new customer.

well my last name will never change, I dont plan on changing my phone number and I'm not moving so I dont qualify for any of those 3 changes...

so, is it safe to say that I cannot ever be qualified as a new customer again if I left them and came back?

Actually I'm sorry about that, I was wrong.

1.$0 Balance
2.Disconnected at least 3 months
3. No unreturned leased equipment

AFAIK then you'll qualify for 'Formers', not a new customer. To be totally new you have to have all of the above and be disconnected at least 2 years.

It may be called formers but those are the requirements for a returning customer to be eligible for a new customer plan.

That terminology only matters to a retailers pocket. You are right however.

Sent from my Epic 4G Touch

I believe it is the following:

1. Last name must be different
2. Different phone number
3. Different address

If 2 out of those 3 things are the same as your old account, you won't qualify as a new customer.

well my last name will never change, I dont plan on changing my phone number and I'm not moving so I dont qualify for any of those 3 changes...

so, is it safe to say that I cannot ever be qualified as a new customer again if I left them and came back?
That is what is required to be a new customer immediately. So, if you were to move to a new place with a new roommate, for instance, you guys would sign up using his name, and reap the benefits of a new account.

Another scenario would be for a married couple who have moved to use the spouse's name, ss#, and phone number to sign up for a new account. That one may not be totally kosher. But, technically, she is a new customer.

Otherwise, wait the 90 days, as pointed out by others. And, you can come back as a former customer with new customer pricing. That's pretty good, as it used to be 6 months.

Yep I remember when I tried U-verse (awful) it was 90 days to become "new" again. I was gone for about 7 months though. Hated every moment but everyone needed to finish up recorded shows.

Sent from my iPhone 4S using SatelliteGuys

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)