HOW MANY OF YOU HAVE CHANGED OVER TO THE DISH FROM DTV?

I had D* for a Total of 8 years. I got Dish Network in July 2007.
I couldn't be more happy with the excisting customer treatment over Directv.
I spend about $14 less per month then I did with D* , Even after E* price increase.
I got mutch better equipment, Overall channel lineup.
I've goten more free equipment,programming and yearly credits in 30 months with E* then 8 years with D* Best thing about the free stuff, is E* offers it , You don't have to fight for it.

How does one go about getting (new customer) the 722K? I was told that I would be getting a 600 model. I only have one TV at the moment, could this be the reason? Would there be any picture quality difference between the two models?

Thanks

I was given the 722k because I was hooking up 2 tvs. That's my guess. Not sure about the pic quality, but I would think no difference.

I was told that I would be getting a 600 model. I only have one TV at the moment, could this be the reason? Would there be any picture quality difference between the two models?

Thanks
Thats exactly why.
For a one room HD DVR hook up you'll get a VIP 612. If you want a 722k , That would be considered an upgrade.
If you want 2 rooms of service , I don't see why E* wouldn't just give you a 722k. But remember 722k is 2 rooms of DVR , but only 1 room is HD.
PQ between the HD receivers are the same.

As far as Charlie is concerned, he probably doesn't want your business because it is costing him too much money for you to leave so quickly, then come back getting all the freebies. Both Dish and Direc TV spend a ton of $$ to get you, and they do their best to keep you, but you're exactly the kind of subscriber who keeps Charlie's (and Direc TV and al the MSO's) cost of acquisition sky-high. So, it really is smart of them to NOT want your business. It is a hard concept to accept, but not every customer is truly a big money maker for a service, especially if they don't stay around long enough for the company to realize the full economies of your subscription. And no, they aren't looking to make the loose change on you, even at the AEP, if you leave by the end of 3 years.

Well if they are not making money on me is that my fault?.All they have to do is have longer commitments if they are not making money the way it is.

So boo hoo oh woe is me if these companies don't want my business all they have to do is when I call up is turn me down.I don't have a gun to their heads.

These companies prey on customer's being loyal then they think they can use them then abuse them.

No more in this holdhold you want my loyalty for 2 maybe 3 years? then show me the money! or I will go elsewhere with someone who does.;)

It's really simple. If a company can't make money it goes out of business. If everyone had your attitude we'd be back in the 19th century....

Well if they are not making money on me is that my fault?.All they have to do is have longer commitments if they are not making money the way it is.

So boo hoo oh woe is me if these companies don't want my business all they have to do is when I call up is turn me down.I don't have a gun to their heads.

These companies prey on customer's being loyal then they think they can use them then abuse them.

No more in this holdhold you want my loyalty for 2 maybe 3 years? then show me the money! or I will go elsewhere with someone who does.;)

wow! I say go to comcast. you two deserve each other! :rolleyes:

This is the exact reason that there is now a 2 yr commitment. That gives them just enuff time to balance out the equipment pay back.

Exactly.I agree.:)

Some have to realize it's nothing personal,it's only business.;)

Right now for my family Dish has the best standard definition packages and the deal I got to come back was great too!.:D

Maybe that's why Charlie came back to Dish somebody was giving away his bank!:eek:

Dish's offer right now on their website isn't that bad either.:)

Amen brother!

Two years ago, after "upgrading" from D* SD via TiVo to D* HD and HR21, I made the switch. The HR21 at the time was garbage. It had defective SW that a D* CSR said "you just have to deal with." Made the switch and never looked back. The 722 is better than TiVo in some ways. And if you have a problem and have to contact Dish CSR, you often get an acceptable answer the first time. With D*, CSR roulette was a real pain.

Two years ago, after "upgrading" from D* SD via TiVo to D* HD and HR21, I made the switch. The HR21 at the time was garbage. It had defective SW that a D* CSR said "you just have to deal with." Made the switch and never looked back. The 722 is better than TiVo in some ways. And if you have a problem and have to contact Dish CSR, you often get an acceptable answer the first time. With D*, CSR roulette was a real pain.
That's really something... I can't believe they actually said "you just have to deal with it" referring to the software.

That's really something... I can't believe they actually said "you just have to deal with it" referring to the software.
Yes, they did. Among the myriad of glitches was really annoying one, even more annoying than not being able to limit searches to only channels you receive. When searching, if any programming changed on any channel, including the ones you did not or could not receive, the search would reset and begin again from the top of the list. Say you wanted to record last nights Pitt College Football game. You searched "pittsburgh" + Football at 7:01PM which resulted in a list of programs containing keyword "pittsburgh" (Category Football would have been ignored) that included all the premium Sport, Movie, International and PPV channels you did not subscribe to. After navigating 15 screens that listed only 4 programs per screen, a movie started at 7:05PM on HBO, your search would be hijacked and you would have to restart from the first page. That to me was and still is defective DVR software.

I was a D* sub for 5 years and loved my TiVos. When the time came to upgrade to HD, they wanted to charge me an arm and a leg for what I felt was an inferior DVR platform. The lack of DLB alone was unacceptable. I've been a Dish customer for almost 2 years now, and the 722's do everything I need them to do. Plus, my HD channel lineup has steadily improved. The only one still on my wish list is BBC America HD.

I just visited some relatives who have Mediacom cable DVR's. :eek: Made me appreciate Dish even more!

I was a Direct customer for 12 years, then I entered the HD world. They wouldn't budge on pricing/equipment charges. As we normally see, the new customers get the "deals". I just wanted something between what they offered and a new customer. So now I have been with Dish about 3 years, with just a few calls to have the dish adjusted the first 90 days, nothing since.

I am in process of switching back to Dish from DirecTV - lots of reasons. Unfortunately the Dish install isn't going smoothly, despite my efforts (see post Dish Network 222k and Terk TV44). I was with DirecTV for about 7 years, 'vacation status' since August 2009. I wasn't really happy with them from day 1. So, why did I switch to Direct 7 years ago? Lost Dish reception, and Dish wanted to charge me astronomical amount for service call. DirecTV's continual billing increases were the last straw. I hope I'm not making a mistake going back to Dish - will post if I get trhough this installation fiasco.

I was a Direct customer for 12 years, then I entered the HD world. They wouldn't budge on pricing/equipment charges. As we normally see, the new customers get the "deals". I just wanted something between what they offered and a new customer. So now I have been with Dish about 3 years, with just a few calls to have the dish adjusted the first 90 days, nothing since.

Same here...they wouldnt budge. After I switched to Dish, now Directv sends me at least once a week an offer that was way better than what I wanted at the time I would have stayed with them.....got two offers already this week alone. Go figger :rolleyes:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)