How much is the Hopper upgrade costing you?

whgdish said:
Is this right for an existing customer?
Sanju (ID: 3MA): I'm sorry Will, you need to have America's Top 200 to get the Hopper.

Need top 200 or I think Dish Latino.

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

In deference to Scott 's request to us, I'm not posting something considered mean. So as nicely as I can, I say you should switch providers as you threatened, and give yourself less aggravation. OR contact the DIRT team here, OR just wait a bit.........

Need top 200 or I think Dish Latino.

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

I hope that's incorrect. It would be a deal breaker for me. I stay with dish for the cheaper packages(dish america) and if I have to pay more in order to get the receiver I want I may have to consider switching providers as there would no longer be a value here.

So what's the fee break down? They told me for my 1 Hopper 1 Joey install:
"There will be extra Joey Receiver fee - $7.00, Whole Home DVR Service -$4.00 and DVR Service fee - $6.00.
Extra Joey fee? Is that right?

Here is what I got. (thanks DIRT - Zach)

I have america silver

i now will have 1 hopper 1 joey for 100bucks up front and new 2 year agreement, no other charges
also got 10 bucks off per month for 6 months.

I called Zach today at 1 pm central and they could come today between 12-5, LOL,

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOW.

I had to hold them to tomorrow 8-12 so I can transfer everything left to my 2TB EHD

DIRT rocks

why waste your time with normal CSR!!!

I hope that's incorrect. It would be a deal breaker for me. I stay with dish for the cheaper packages(dish america) and if I have to pay more in order to get the receiver I want I may have to consider switching providers as there would no longer be a value here.

The DIRT rep told me AT 120 is eligible for a Hopper. Breaker for me too would make by bill jump $15 on top of the whole home and joey fees. Would make my bill go up 58%.

Did you contact a DIRT member here?

yes, waiting to hear back, im sure poor Zach is getting crushed by messages

in the meantime i tried calling back and got an extremely loud offshore support team. i asked to speak to a supervisor and they transferred me to the cancellation department instead. they offered me the low low price of $400 to upgrade and refused to tell me why my account was being treated differently. and this is the third person i've talked to that could really care less if i cancel, zero effort put into retaining a customer of 3 years. awful.

Contact DIRT. I am all set. $100 and no forced upgrade in programming. I am still AT 120. I ordered 1 hopper and 2 joeys for $100 as an existing customer. First call I made said $300, then chat said $200 and upgrade to AT 120. With DIRT, no programming change and $100 for everything installed! I do have the service plan, no late payments with auto payment, and have been a 7 year subscriber with 3 years under current equipment. Thanks again DIRT and good luck to the rest of you.

I am a previous customer and am being told it will cost me $600 to upgrade to 2 Hoppers/2 Joeys. The rep originally said $200 but then it wouldn't go into the system. Loyalty said I am not eligible for a discount upgrade and can't say why. I even spoke to someone in the Executive Resolution team who said the same thing, offering me only $100 off, or the option to cancel my service without paying a cancellation penalty. Which I really didn't want to do, but at this point I am so frustrated I am considering it. I have had 2 defective 722's and a flaky 922 in the last 6 months and put up with it, waiting for the Hopper, only to be raked over the coals for $500. I'm going to send a PM to a DIRT member in case they can help.

Just set up the upgrade from one 722/one 211 to one Hopper/one Joey. Dealt with a very nice CSR who unfortunately was out sick yesterday when they did H/J CSR training. I actually knew more info than she did, but I expected that, and was cool with it. She had to put me on hold a few times as she worked her way through the screens. Turns out that (as I expected, given I've been with Dish more than a decade and on autopay) I'm a 5-star customer.

Upshot:

$100 Hopper
$0 Joey
Truck roll install fee $95

Monthly fee increase: $2

Install time: tomorrow morning between 8AM-Noon.

We also discovered that I was being incorrectly charged $10/mo even though I qualified for HD for Life. That got fixed. But for some reason my bills have been showing a $10 receiver credit lately, so it was a wash. Good to have things straightened out, anyway.

The only thing I may check with DIRT about is how I see reports here of the install fee being waived. Otherwise, I'm a happy camper. Now, considering that my install is very likely to be the installer's first ever H/J install, let's see how I feel tomorrow afternoon.

$200 minus a small credit for existing leased receivers with installation on Sunday. I could have had it installed yet today, but I'm running on only a little sleep at this time.