How much is the Hopper upgrade costing you?

I tried to upgrade this morning via chat. I was told that I couldn't upgrade yet, but would be able to (soon). When I asked why, the reply was try again next week. Could the fact that I've only be a sub for 8 months be an issue? I have the required package and am on auto pay. I'll pm maryb and see if she can help me.

With all these stories I am starting to worry that they are going to call me back and say "sorry, we made a mistake and we can't offer you the system and are cancelling the install". If I am already on record is it still possible they could change this on me?

I have to wait until tomorrow because of a balance of 42 cents of my account. I paid it but they need a zero balance after midnight. I did get the free WiFi adapter and free Sling Adapter with this too I saved my transcript so if I have any trouble tomorrow.

I tried to upgrade this morning via chat. I was told that I couldn't upgrade yet, but would be able to (soon). When I asked why, the reply was try again next week. Could the fact that I've only be a sub for 8 months be an issue? I have the required package and am on auto pay. I'll pm maryb and see if she can help me.

Received pm from maryb... 2 Hoppers 2 Joeys 200.00. Works for me. Now scheduling installation time and date. DIRT is the only way to go. Thanks Mary.

I'm looking at $100 for 1 hopper & 3 Joeys. I expected that...but did not expect the $95 install. What are others seeing for an install fee? (long time subscriber)

People who have been denied the promo rate that everyone else seems to have no problem getting:
Have they offered you ANY sort of explanation? Even the "dirt" on here gave me the same generic answerless response I got from a dude in India :\

People who have been denied the promo rate that everyone else seems to have no problem getting:
Have they offered you ANY sort of explanation? Even the "dirt" on here gave me the same generic answerless response I got from a dude in India :\
has there been any issues with your account in the past like late payments, etc? recent receiver upgrades?

Basically anything that might negatively flag your account.

i'm sure we'll see more reports in the coming week and maybe we can at least narrow it down. Or give them time to sort out any computer system errors and try calling back in a week or two when things calm down.

$99.00 1 Hopper 3 Joeys. Was offered install on Friday morning but booked appointment for Monday morning when my schedule was less hectic. Very easy and very quick order process over the phone.

Getting a lot of conflicting info. Not only here but from two different DIRT members on two different satellite forums. One told me I have to have AT200 package to get the hopper. Other people are getting it with packages below that. One said I have to have a joey. I only want one hopper, no joeys. Some people have already had hopper only installs. Not sure why I have to have one joey, I don't pay more per month for it so it doesn't benefit dish. Then they tell me I have to pay $300 for the upgrade! I'm not under contract. I've never upgraded equipment before. My payment is on auto pay so it can't be late unless there's an electronic issue. And there was an issue once when they attempted to charge my card and my banks systems were offline and the charge was denied. We had no way of knowing there was an issue till there was a late charge. We contacted dish then and reversed the late charge without issue. I would hope that issue outside of our control wouldn't result in me having to pay $300 for a hopper (+joey I don't need). And I stay with dish because of their dish america packages. If I have to upgrade to AT200 there's no longer any reason for me to stick with dish.

Very frustrating.

$200 + $95 install for 2 hoppers and 3 joeys with a $28 increase a month. Gonna need to think about this one.

$28 increase?

Were you currently paying $0 in receiver fees?

I was paying $17 in receiver fees and will now be paying $21. Increase of $4 is not too bad.

$200 + $95 install for 2 hoppers and 3 joeys with a $28 increase a month. Gonna need to think about this one.

Your monthly increase should only be $8. If my math is right you are paying $17 for 722 & $7 for 211 + $6 for DVR = $30. New setup is $6 DVR, $4 Whole House, 4 X $7 extra outlets = $38. Where does the other $20 increase come from?

For those of you also getting the gasface like we are, if you ask "WHY" you are ineligible for the $99 price they will stop responding.

Instead of asking "why", ask "what" can I do to become eligible. Maybe you'll get a clue then.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)