How to end up in the dog house.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

kb0lcr

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Oct 20, 2011
South Dakota
So, for about 2 weeks now my C-band reception has been horrible, and Ku non-existent. I assumed that the kids have been playing on or around my 8-foot dish again. I expected it to be bent, misaligned, or lord-knows-what else could have happened. I kept telling the misses that the kids need to leave the dishes alone.

Last night I decided to figure out what's actually wrong. I tried adjusting the alignment, skew, etc. Nothing seemed to help. I thought maybe the cable had been hit with the mower, but it looked just fine. Out of desperation I checked the feedhorn, thinking maybe they had pulled on the coax or something... suddenly I noticed that the cap was missing on the end of the feedhorn. I took it down, and here's what I found.

2012-07-11_21-09-00_296.jpg

And, of course, this is about the time she came to check to see what I was doing. So she says "Hmm, I don't think you can blame the kids for THAT". Open mouth, insert foot.

Alas, I'm not allowed to blame the kids for things anymore. And I suppose this is going to cost me some jewelry.

Dude... you have it easy. In her kingdom here, everything is my fault. Last night the fridge stopped making ice (my fault). The recycling company didnt pass on tuesday (my fault as she claims i took it out too late). Car is dirty (only she drives it but my fault nonetheless. Last week the dog vomitted (I did feed her nachos but my fault).

Cheers, K

Yep, those are some opportunistic buggers. Anything left open that is out of the weather will soon be turned into lodging.

I have seen hornets nests on satellite lnb's before. The customer did not even know about it and I told them.

Dude... you have it easy. In her kingdom here, everything is my fault.

After 35 years it's the same here. If the sun came up in the west, who's fault would it be......mine, of course. The bad part of it is, the more you try to do good, the worse it gets.

If your cap is damaged a piece of nylon stocking (hose) and some plastic ties will work until to you can replace it. I guess they do come in handy sometimes.

Your fault? Never. She did the crazy thing. She married you and molded you into what she wanted. It's HER fault! She married you.... And I would say that to her face again --- after my face heals up and I can see again!

I told mine that (kinda) one time. WOW! She said that was one of her best moves! Thirty-seven years that we've been dating. (married for 37 year this December) - going on a date with her is 15 minutes!

I lost Ku on my Bud this spring, and it was the same thing. Blasted them out with a water hose.

IF A MAN STANDS ALONE IN THE FOREST AND SPEAKS, IS HE STILL WRONG?:D

But I gotta say that I've got the best Wife in the whole wide world! She's the most even tempered woman I've ever known and I've "known" more than my share! Only problem was that it took me so many years to figure out that what I WANTED in a woman, wasn't what I NEEDED! Therefore be careful what you wish for!!;)

So, for about 2 weeks now my C-band reception has been horrible, and Ku non-existent. I assumed that the kids have been playing on or around my 8-foot dish again. I expected it to be bent, misaligned, or lord-knows-what else could have happened. I kept telling the misses that the kids need to leave the dishes alone.

Last night I decided to figure out what's actually wrong. I tried adjusting the alignment, skew, etc. Nothing seemed to help. I thought maybe the cable had been hit with the mower, but it looked just fine. Out of desperation I checked the feedhorn, thinking maybe they had pulled on the coax or something... suddenly I noticed that the cap was missing on the end of the feedhorn. I took it down, and here's what I found.

View attachment 79134

And, of course, this is about the time she came to check to see what I was doing. So she says "Hmm, I don't think you can blame the kids for THAT". Open mouth, insert foot.

Alas, I'm not allowed to blame the kids for things anymore. And I suppose this is going to cost me some jewelry.

Yup, some form of expensive rocks and twisted metal usually smooths over transgressions here too.
Sadly the old adage "it's cheaper to keep her" eventually comes true for all of us..........

But I gotta say that I've got the best Wife in the whole wide world! She's the most even tempered woman I've ever known and I've "known" more than my share! Only problem was that it took me so many years to figure out that what I WANTED in a woman, wasn't what I NEEDED! Therefore be careful what you wish for!!;)
like somebody once said,that is the best kind of woman to have for a wife -but right now I'm looking for the worst kind.

The cap didn't fly off the lnb by itself,kids took mine off.
So you can still blame them.Kids also spun my fixed dish around.
And they weren't even my kids.

Plastic caps can eventually crack and fall off, I'm always checking them because that's easier to fix than battle those stinging insects. Wasps are really bad this year, they've tried sticking those little nests every place you can think of, and lots of places you wouldn't imagine. Like under the steps of my 6' ladder, propped up beside my garage, lol, learned never to just grab up the ladder and start walking before looking!

Wasps are really bad this year...

Last time I got stung by the wasps that build those nests I thought it was business as usual, an annoyance, but no big deal. The next day my elbow hurt like hell, actually called the hospital to see if I should be concerned. Ouch, hit me with a hockey stick instead!

Thanks everyone for the replies and suggestions and whatnot!

Yeah, now to be fair I have to admit I have a pretty awesome chic. I'm mostly making fun of myself. She's actually a FTA nerd just like me and loves playing with satellites right along with me. The main reason I was trying to get my dish working again is because we've been talking about ditching our pizza pan and just using FTA... use all that money for something else for a change.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)