HR34s are making a (small) comeback

Status
Please reply by conversation.
I know there are, but there are also many complaints about the HR44. Is it also a piece of junk? I've read posts that make that claim.

You often get refurbs as a new customer, whether from Directv, Dish, a cable company, whatever. The HR34 isn't inherently buggy, but anytime a new (HR44) model comes out, everyone thinks the old one is junk. That's really not the case here, although the 44 is better than the 34, no doubt.
Dish settled out of court with every state attorney general office in the Union because of installing refurbished equipment as new equipment.

I don't think Directv claims that their new installs get new equipment.

Supervisor I spoke with promised me an HR 44 and he said if the tech shows up with the 34 then reschedule the appointment. I kept explaining to him that those techs get whatever Genie model and have no control over it. That's when he reassured me that if I want an HR-44 that I will get one. Is he full of it? I've heard from friends who have the HR-44 that it is a huge improvement over the 34 model.

Pretty much he is full of it. He is right that you can refuse the HR34 and reschedule, but you can't do that forever before they won't reschedule.

I am hoping the installer has the HR-44 so I don't have to reschedule. How many times can you reschedule before they won't do it anymore?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't know that it's a firm number, but I would think maybe three times at the most.

I installed many HR34s from before it was called Genie and before Mini Genie clients existed. They are not a bad box, but they function at the speed of an HR20. Super Slow and laggy. Non Responsive, and then three commands at once. Not a good user experience when compared to the HR44.

Status
Please reply by conversation.