HS17-100 (For those wondering)

Status
Please reply by conversation.
From what I read, the paperwork said the HS17 should be placed near the router/gateway. It was the poster who mentioned 4 feet.
Ok sorry about that. I thought of another way using the HS17. What if you hooked the HS17 into a modem using Ethernet and then have an Ethernet cable from the modem to an RVU TV and the RVU TV would find the HS17 that way?

Ok sorry about that. Anyone think if you could also hook the HS17 into a modem and then have an Ethernet cable from the modem to an RVU TV and the RVU TV would find the HS17 that way?

directv does not officially support rvu via YOUR network
they install with a deca and use the coax cable and thier network

Usually they saw to keep 4 feet between
From what I read, the paperwork said the HS17 should be placed near the router/gateway. It was the poster who mentioned 4 feet.
DIRECTV has always recommended that their wireless devices, be a Genie, WVB, or wireless client, be at least 4 feet away from a customers wireless router to reduce interference.

With the HS17 I wonder if they might change that that policy?
Doubt it since DIRECTV always likes to keep things simple for support purposes, you start throwing customers networks into the mix makes it more complicated.

most likley not
imagine all the bandwidth required with a headless system and multi 4k streams
If the HS17 has a gigabit ethernet port, and is still using MOCA 1.1 then a good switched gig ethernet network has more bandwidth the MOCA AFAIK. Whenever I checked on my Genie (HR54 or HR44 hold select down on the RC7X remote for 10 seconds) it shows the speed in the mid 200Mbps range for the nodes.

think about ariflow in a cabinet, it would be reduced and stagnated, causing possible heat failure

200 per node?
My understanding is it's showing the speed from the Genie to that node. Since it's a shared topology, not a switched, I'm guessing it's the max bandwidth to that node, actual throughput would be reduced if multiple sessions were active.

is that during 4k playback? or hd
wonder if there is a difference? and if 4k suffers when 1 or 2 hd streams are active

but the highest streaming 4k requirement i have seen is 25mbs

is that during 4k playback? or hd
wonder if there is a difference? and if 4k suffers when 1 or 2 hd streams are active

but the highest streaming 4k requirement i have seen is 25mbs
Don't remember, but I know on my HR54 I've had 4K going to the C61K while three clients were active and no problems.

are you using your router or the deca method?
DECA. I tried my network and didn't notice any difference so I put it back on DECA just so they couldn't have any excuse for something not working correctly.

i wonder if roku/amazon/ect could build an rvu cleint into thier boxes.

for those without and rvu tv

i wonder if roku/amazon/ect could build an rvu cleint into thier boxes.

for those without and rvu tv
Don't see why not, DIRECTV and Sony announced they were putting a client on the PS3, which never made it to the public.

same thing it does to any other room in the house with a door

many people use their laptops throughout a home

Reactions: goaliebob99
Don't see why not, DIRECTV and Sony announced they were putting a client on the PS3, which never made it to the public.

i checked the rvu alliance site
the only set top boxes listed are the directv clients

i checked the rvu alliance site
the only set top boxes listed are the directv clients

And that's why I said the PS 3 client never made it to the public, never said it didn't make it to some folks for testing. It's just a software app, if Roku wanted to write an app and get it certified don't see why it couldn't be released.

Sent from my iPhone using the SatelliteGuys app!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 3)

Latest posts