HWS switches back to favorites by itself.

VegasVoomer

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Dec 3, 2004
Las Vegas
I don't know if this has been mentioned here before so here goes. Sometimes I want to view all available channels and I switch from my named favorites list to "All Channels" and scroll through the guide. I find something I want to watch and select it. When I hit the guide button again it doesn't show all channels any more but it's back to showing me my favorite list. Has anyone else experienced this?

Someone in their corporate office has decided that the current behavior will result in fewer support calls. It's a very questionable decision, but it has been made.

If actually has resulted in significantly fewer calls. I rememberer a meeting where our GM had told us that with that change alone it had saved the call center budget over $150k/month. I guess that was part of his conference meetings.

Several months ago, it would NOT go back to favorites and MANY complained about it.

Still, a happy medium appears to have been missed. A simple (wait, nevermind) software update could have allowed for a default behavior (switching back to favorites), and also a choice to set it to All Channels as the default behavior, or Keep Last Used setting as the default.

I wish there was an option somewhere in the settings labeled "I know what I am doing and promise not to bother customer service with silly questions!" :D

Reactions: KAB and ChadT41
I switch to off air channels guide and it reverts back to Favorites also. It is very annoying. There should be an option to change it to last viewed.

But you cannot leave it on all channels. You can leave a default for any of the other lists, but not "all channels". This is by design

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)