I am being told to have att dish network i need to keep a phone line

timbuckone

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Mar 13, 2005
my goal is to cancel my home phone service and have att dish network and naked dsl service. I currently have all 3. First i cannot get ahold of anyone at att. every.time i am put on hold for 1.5-2 hrs(thank goodness for speakerphone). I have been doing online chat with customer reps in the internet department and they are telling me in order to be a att dish network customer i need to keep a local phone line. Is this true? I tell them that I have my dish receivers hooked up to my internet network and do not need a phone line. I even threatened to cancel everything and they were willing to do that. Are they clueless. can i just go from att dish network to regular dish network??

I would bail to Dish if possible. I dropped by phone line and got naked DSL 2 months ago. I have since gotten Vonage which does work wish my ViP-722 receiver at least. I also just hooked it up to the internet, wirelessly, so I don't really need the phone line attached, but I use it for the caller ID anyway.

i was just told by dish network that all i have to do is tell att to debundle my att dish network account.The account than is just takin over by dish network. Now if i cann get ahold of someone at att tomorrow morning.

I de-bundled recently. Just so you know, it takes about a month (until the next billing cycle) to take effect.

“The Dark Knight” is Available on DISH On Demand in 1080p

Adding addt'l HD reciever

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)