ATT Gateway and Dish Network

Richard_E

Original poster
Nov 9, 2023
Topeka,Kansas
Can I connect a Dish Network Wireless Access Point to the ATT Gateway or connect the Wireless Joey directly to the Gateway? Or does the WAP need to be wired to the Hopper3? I what to use an ethernet cable to connect the Hopper to the Gateway. I thought that because the Gateway is a modem/router I could connect the WAP to the gateway.

Any thoughts will help

Richard

Can I connect a Dish Network Wireless Access Point to the ATT Gateway or connect the Wireless Joey directly to the Gateway? Or does the WAP need to be wired to the Hopper3? I what to use an ethernet cable to connect the Hopper to the Gateway. I thought that because the Gateway is a modem/router I could connect the WAP to the gateway.

Any thoughts will help

Richard
I've had a tech tell me that if the Hopper is connected to the Internet and the AP is connected the the Router, the Wireless Joeys will work.
If the Hopper loses it's connection, they will not work

I've never done it but heard of people running directly through the same network as their internet. Because of all the traffic it may become unstable at times, but it also may not. I say try it and see what happens. That's the best way to learn.

Reactions: charlesrshell
I've had a tech tell me that if the Hopper is connected to the Internet and the AP is connected the the Router, the Wireless Joeys will work.
If the Hopper loses it's connection, they will not work
It works. I removed the WAP Ethernet connection at the Hopper 3 and plugged it into my 16 port Ethernet switch. Did a pull the cord reboot for the WAP, Hopper 3, and my router. Both my WJ4s work good.

• Love
Reactions: HipKat