I cant bget hd locals because of a tree.... another sattelite launch?

kane1514

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Apr 10, 2007
K when the guy put in our hd service he said we wouldnt be able to get our locals such as abc fox ect in hd cuz the sat is so low and we have a tree in the way... does anyone know if there are any plans by dish to launch a more accesible sattelite for such things. btw i think the sats we're using are 65.9 and 109?

TY

No ... i figured that they would launch another one because that one is at like 20 degrees... thats VERY low.

K when the guy put in our hd service he said we wouldnt be able to get our locals such as abc fox ect in hd cuz the sat is so low and we have a tree in the way... does anyone know if there are any plans by dish to launch a more accesible sattelite for such things. btw i think the sats we're using are 65.9 and 109?

TY

I'm not familiar with anything at those locations, you may need to check to make sure you are in the right forum. If it is Dish, you may be able to put up a wing dish and use that to get around the uncooperative tree.

TY
I think that you're slightly confused about the sat locations. You should be pointed at 110 & 119. For HD, you would need to add 129 or 61.5. The 129 sat is low in the sky for the east coast, the 20 degrees that you mentioned. 61.5 is much higher in the sky for the east coast, usually around 40 degrees.

I think that you're slightly confused about the sat locations. You should be pointed at 110 & 119. For HD, you would need to add 129 or 61.5. The 129 sat is low in the sky for the east coast, the 20 degrees that you mentioned. 61.5 is much higher in the sky for the east coast, usually around 40 degrees.
I had same tree problem. Got another dish for 61.5.

im in the right forum i just dont know all that much about it... i do know that dish is better than direct tv and i think i am on 110 and 119 and he couldnt do 129. Ill talk with him again anyway hes gonna install my inlaws dish.

TY

Same issue with HD, as stated before best option is second dish pointed at 61.5 and one huge rocket pointed at 129. HAHAHAHAHA

I think the guy has a Dish pointed at 61.5 because he can't hit 129. However, he can't get his locals in HD because they are on 129.

You could try using a wing dish (like the 61.5 one, for instance) pointed at 129 in an area where there's no LOS issues, if that exists.

Same issue with HD, as stated before best option is second dish pointed at 61.5 and one huge rocket pointed at 129. HAHAHAHAHA

That is some funny. Do you think if they wait long enough to launch at 129 that there will be no demand anymore as everyone jumped ship to D?? :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)