I downgraded and dumped a receiver

whatusernamesareleft

On Vacation
Original poster
Jul 17, 2010
Wisconsin
I decided not to dump dish completely and decided to dump the 211k and go down to the top 200. Hopefully the box arrives when its suppose to! Where are these calls going to? China? The person I got was hard to understand or else its dishes phone system. I just wish I could get something better then that vip612.

I decided not to dump dish completely and decided to dump the 211k and go down to the top 200. Hopefully the box arrives when its suppose to! Where are these calls going to? China? The person I got was hard to understand or else its dishes phone system. I just wish I could get something better then that vip612.
INDIA????

If you wanted a hassel-free time in changing anything on your account why didn't you just ask one of the DIRT members?

Can I ask why you dropped the 211 instead of the 612? Did you not have the EHD activated on the 211?
If you did you would have saved $6 on the DVR fee on the 612. The only drawback is you'd be limited to 1 sat & 1 OTA program recording possibility (instead of 2 sat programs)

I have three 612's, all very reliable, in fact judging from recent posts more so than the 722K has been recently.

I do the following, which I would do with any receiver;
1. I have a small fan to help cool the area of the receiver
2. I do a hard reset each night (via timer) in addition to the daily updates.
3. I have it set to be on a Sat channel each night, not an OTA, prior to the updates or hard reset. (Thanks to a poster for that hint it made the guide downloads complete 100% of the time)

I have experienced no, nada, zip reboots or other problems such as sluggish guide or remote response in months since doing this.

And furthermore, our 612's can download and view BBMP material without having it vanish overnight!

I just did exactly the same thing - dumped my 211k and dropped down to AT200. It has not gone smoothly so far. After a week, my box never arrived. So I called again and think a box is actually on the way now. After that last call I actually got a confirmation email that the box was on the way as well as a R/A number. If you didn't get such a confirmation, you should probably call back and tell them you haven't gotten your box yet.

I have three 612's, all very reliable, in fact judging from recent posts more so than the 722K has been recently.

3. I have it set to be on a Sat channel each night, not an OTA, prior to the updates or hard reset. (Thanks to a poster for that hint it made the guide downloads complete 100% of the time)

I have experienced no, nada, zip reboots or other problems such as sluggish guide or remote response in months since doing this.

So you're saying, you're a belt and suspenders kinda guy? ;)

yup... vastly more reliable :rolleyes:

sorry I just had to poke fun... I mean.. really? all three things? sounds like all you've done is found out how to mitigate the faults

I pay my bill, I turn on the light switch, I expect so long as the bulb doesn't blow, that the thing works exactly as it should.

Dish, sends up the signals, gets them down to box, every bit of it designed by them, spec'd by them, built for them, operated, etc.. and they can't get the things to work 99% of the time without some issue?

... let alone to have to figure out the faults of the devices and find a way around them ... pretty much on our own ...

The ViP622 seems to be the most reliable of the DISH HD DVRs at this point. If it is your only box, it doesn't cost any extra per month.

sorry I just had to poke fun... I mean.. really? all three things? sounds like all you've done is found out how to mitigate the faults

I pay my bill, I turn on the light switch, I expect so long as the bulb doesn't blow, that the thing works exactly as it should.

Dish, sends up the signals, gets them down to box, every bit of it designed by them, spec'd by them, built for them, operated, etc.. and they can't get the things to work 99% of the time without some issue?

... let alone to have to figure out the faults of the devices and find a way around them ... pretty much on our own ...
And yet once again, what the H are you trying to say???

I guess you could look at that way. But my Brother In-Law has Charter, after he mentioned his just shuts down, we put a fan to cool the area and a timer, and no more shutting down. That's the reason I said I would do those things for any receiver. I didn't have to use a fan, but did use a timer for my former 508's, and it really made a difference also. Bottom line, maybe all those things aren't needed, but just doing a couple of simple things does insure reliability......

I guess you could look at that way.
<snip>
Bottom line, maybe all those things aren't needed, but just doing a couple of simple things does insure reliability......
I don't mean that its not "needed" but that it shouldn't be necessary.

ie the rolling eyes and sarcasm .. how can you classify something as reliable if it takes measures external to itself just to keep it running.

The ViP622 seems to be the most reliable of the DISH HD DVRs at this point. If it is your only box, it doesn't cost any extra per month.

Well, maybe, now that the HDMI connector problem seems fixed. But I'm happier with my two ViP722s than I was with my ViP622.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts