I guess whats old is new again

Mr Tony

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Nov 17, 2003
Mankato, MN
My local ABC (WDIO Duluth) posted this recently. I guess what's old IS new again :)
(the caption below it is from them)

WDIO MeTV.jpg

Who would've thought when this billboard promoted the new WDIO-TV in 1966 that many of the shows would make a comeback decades later? You can now watch Batman on Saturday afternoons at 5 and F Troop on Wednesday evenings at 9 on WDIO-DT2/MeTV!

I keep asking them to add AntennaTV or ThisTV but they haven't yet
(the station is owned by Hubbard Broadcasting in Minneapolis. They have Me, Antenna and This as subchannels. Also for the "old school" satellite person Hubbard started USSB....then Directv bought them. They had the movie stations and the Viacom Networks)

I keep asking them to add AntennaTV or ThisTV but they haven't yet
(the station is owned by Hubbard Broadcasting in Minneapolis. They have Me, Antenna and This as subchannels. Also for the "old school" satellite person Hubbard started USSB....then Directv bought them. They had the movie stations and the Viacom Networks)
That's right!! I remember now Hubbard owned USSB years ago. I had USSB years ago when I had HBO through them. I didn't remember the Viacom channels being offered by USSB. Do you remember what kind of packages they had for Viacom? I just remember getting them through Directv but that was years ago. I used to want Primestar but my wife wouldn't let me get one. Glad I didn't now...lol

That's right!! I remember now Hubbard owned USSB years ago. I had USSB years ago when I had HBO through them. I didn't remember the Viacom channels being offered by USSB. Do you remember what kind of packages they had for Viacom? I just remember getting them through Directv but that was years ago. I used to want Primestar but my wife wouldn't let me get one. Glad I didn't now...lol
The Viacom channels were up until early 98. Using the "way back machine" from 1997

https://web.archive.org/web/19970725092725/http://www.ussb.com/packageb.html

USSB Entertainment Plus®: $34.95/mo.
The most complete USSB package. You get, well, an unbelievable selection of movies -- over 900 different movies a month.
5 ch. of HBO®, 2 ch. of HBO Family®, 3 ch. of Cinemax®, 4 ch. of Showtime®, 2 ch. of The Movie ChannelTM, FLIXTM, Sundance ChannelTM, plus The Basics, some of the most popular entertainment networks.

Showtime Plus: $24.95/mo.
4 ch. of Showtime, 2 ch. of The Movie Channel, FLIX, Plus The Basics.

HBO Plus: $24.95/mo.
5 ch. of HBO, 2 ch. of HBO Family, 3 ch. of Cinemax, Plus The Basics.

Select Two: $19.95/mo.
5 ch. of HBO, 3 ch. of Cinemax and 2 ch. of HBO Family or 4 ch. of Showtime, 2 ch. of The Movie Channel and FLIX.

Select One: $10.95/mo.
5 ch. of HBO, or 4 ch. of Showtime plus FLIX, or 3 ch. of Cinemax, or 2 ch. of The Movie Channel

Sundance Package: $8.95/mo.
Sundance Channel

The Basics: $7.95/mo.
The basic entertainment networks: MTV®, M2®, VH1TM, Nickelodeon®, Nick at Nite®, Nick at Nite's TV Land®, Comedy Central®, Lifetime®, and All News ChannelTM

Nick at Nite's TV Land and M2 are Free With All Packages.

Reactions: andy_horton
The Viacom channels were up until early 98. Using the "way back machine" from 1997

https://web.archive.org/web/19970725092725/http://www.ussb.com/packageb.html

USSB Entertainment Plus®: $34.95/mo.
The most complete USSB package. You get, well, an unbelievable selection of movies -- over 900 different movies a month.
5 ch. of HBO®, 2 ch. of HBO Family®, 3 ch. of Cinemax®, 4 ch. of Showtime®, 2 ch. of The Movie ChannelTM, FLIXTM, Sundance ChannelTM, plus The Basics, some of the most popular entertainment networks.

Showtime Plus: $24.95/mo.
4 ch. of Showtime, 2 ch. of The Movie Channel, FLIX, Plus The Basics.

HBO Plus: $24.95/mo.
5 ch. of HBO, 2 ch. of HBO Family, 3 ch. of Cinemax, Plus The Basics.

Select Two: $19.95/mo.
5 ch. of HBO, 3 ch. of Cinemax and 2 ch. of HBO Family or 4 ch. of Showtime, 2 ch. of The Movie Channel and FLIX.

Select One: $10.95/mo.
5 ch. of HBO, or 4 ch. of Showtime plus FLIX, or 3 ch. of Cinemax, or 2 ch. of The Movie Channel

Sundance Package: $8.95/mo.
Sundance Channel

The Basics: $7.95/mo.
The basic entertainment networks: MTV®, M2®, VH1TM, Nickelodeon®, Nick at Nite®, Nick at Nite's TV Land®, Comedy Central®, Lifetime®, and All News ChannelTM

Nick at Nite's TV Land and M2 are Free With All Packages.
Thanks, Ice. That's really cool. "Way back flash back!!"

Reactions: Mr Tony
yeah its amazing what the pricing was for programming back then. Even more cool is in Minneapolis (where Hubbard is based) they have a commercial on their Independent station (KSTC45...they also own all the ABC stations licensed in MN)....Anywho the commercial shows "the professor of laughter" or something like that taking a woman into the elevator and when the elevator opens you can see the USSB logo in the back of the elevator.

Reactions: andy_horton

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)