I have a 622 receiver, can I get a newer model for free?

The short answer to this question is yes.
I just posted an entire thread about this that mistakenly got put in the Dish Technical section. The thread is titled something like "Four DVR upgrade stories." if anyone wants to know what to expect with this offer.

If you are upgrading from a 622 then the only receiver they can bring you is the 722 and 722k as the 922 is excluded from the offer.

Since the 722 is not really an "upgrade" except for the hard drive, make sure the box says 722k on it when the installer arrives.

Two out of the four installs I went through for my family, the techs had no idea what the antenna module was or where it went. However if you stay on them they will eventually put the module in for you, after all you currently have a receiver that has OTA capability, why should you accept one that does not.
That would be a downgrade and is not what you agreed to over the phone.

The short answer to this question is yes.
I just posted an entire thread about this that mistakenly got put in the Dish Technical section. The thread is titled something like "Four DVR upgrade stories." if anyone wants to know what to expect with this offer.

If you are upgrading from a 622 then the only receiver they can bring you is the 722 and 722k as the 922 is excluded from the offer.

Since the 722 is not really an "upgrade" except for the hard drive, make sure the box says 722k on it when the installer arrives.

Two out of the four installs I went through for my family, the techs had no idea what the antenna module was or where it went. However if you stay on them they will eventually put the module in for you, after all you currently have a receiver that has OTA capability, why should you accept one that does not.
That would be a downgrade and is not what you agreed to over the phone.

Does the OTA module come with the 722k or do you have to purchase it? If so , how much? Seems like it should be provided, otherwise it costs you to get back to the same level as the 622. I think I would just as soon opt for the 722 than the 722k.

All four of my family's installs got the module for free.
If they want you to sign a 2 year extension plan the least they can do is make sure the antenna module is included.
You just have to tell the tech (who likely will not know anything about what you are talking about), to make sure he has the part first.

I have a 612 and would love to get a 722 or 722K. I would use it in solo mode but would like to have dual buffers and PIP. Anyomne know if I could get a deal? I’ve only been a dish customer since March.

Remember Dish Network is not just a "leased receiver" setup you can also purchase receivers through Dish Network or elsewhere.;)

After all considerations I chose to purchase a VIP622 from EBay(always request receiver ID and card number ID before purchase if not listed) and since my VIP622 would not authorize with my Dish 500 and since I had the DHPP Dish Network came out and installed a new 1K.2 dish for $15..;)

I have found the Dish Network VIP622 has all the features I need.:)

After hearing about the latest loss of RSN's (Comcast) I could never commit to a 24 month contract with Dish. They just got the Fox RSN's back, they still don't have MSG HD and are unable to come to an agreement on YES and now we don't have Comcast RSN's.

Dish has just become too unreliable to commit to...

grb - you read my mind - I was thinking the same thing. I have an a 612 which is fine - but I also have an old 301 which I would love to replace with a 211k but there is no way I would sign for another 24

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)