I hope I didn't make a mistake. getting mine tomorrow

Let's hope that when Dishonline.com comes out of beta this week, the sling functionality gets a bump in speed and quality with it.
So far, It kind of works for me with remote access. The dishonline.com just goes into a never endning "updating" screen when it tries to view my dvr.

I got my 922 shortly after moving to Northern Cincinnati. We hadn't moved yet and Dish came out to install the dish a week before moving in.

The box was buggy as hell during the install.... I let it set for an entire week running without touching it and when we moved in the following week the box has been generally stable.

There are some issues with the box that I am ok with. However, I think it's a ripoff that they charge $200 for a box with so many issues after owning one for about 5 months now. Dish needs to get the sling issues fixed as well as the EHD recording problems.

This box is more stable than than a 921.... I would compare it to the old 721. The 721 had a ton of "features" that were either removed or simply never enabled but was overall a decent box.

I hope you enjoy the 922. It really isn't a bad box. Dish WAY overhyped it and therefore it will always have a bad reputation due to the fact they never got all the promised features into the box. For $200 you get the equivalent to a gimped 722k with a 1 TB hard drive, and a new guide interface. However it's missing several of the 722's features and also missing a decent TV2 output (Sling issues). The flagship box from Dish is still the 722k IMHO.

Sling works great for us. That alone is worth the 200 price of admission plus you get a 1tb drive, better and nicer looking interface. I just wish they would get the sling catcher out the door so I can enjoy HD video on my other TV(s)

Sling seems to he hit or miss for folks. I have a 30/5 connection and there are times when I try to start sling it locks the box or the box just acts funny trying to stream.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts