i need info on this HDCP from Dish

SFBruins

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jul 17, 2009
Boston
hey guys

with Dish i cant Order any movies because i get HDCP nag but with Directv i dont get any issues with HDCP !!!

i called Dish and they Tell me its on my End which it cant be since Directv comes in ?

i got a new Plasma Panasonic and a new AV Onkyo and my Dish Receivers are 211, 622 and 722

any info to why this happens with Dish and not with Directv ?

hey guys

with Dish i cant Order any movies because i get HDCP nag but with Directv i dont get any issues with HDCP !!!

i called Dish and they Tell me its on my End which it cant be since Directv comes in ?

i got a new Plasma Panasonic and a new AV Onkyo and my Dish Receivers are 211, 622 and 722

any info to why this happens with Dish and not with Directv ?

I run my HDMI connection through my AV receiver as you appear to be doing without issues. (Pioneer VSX92->Pioneer PDP6020).

Some pointers:

HDCP is not possible if HDMI is not used for the entire path. Analog component connections will prevent the HDCP handshake from the source to the display (through the receiver in your case). Some DVI ports support it but not all.

On your Dish receiver, go to System Setup / Diagnostics and run the HDMI test. You should see HDCP as enabled. On my setup, it can't be changed, but YMMV. There are a pair of numbers at the bottom of the window that change every 2-3 seconds. I believe these are part of the HDCP handshake. If they aren't displayed or don't change then there's a problem somewhere in the path.

If HDCP isn't enabled and you can't change it, look for settings in you AV receiver and TV that might affect HDCP handshake.

Try bypassing the AV receiver and connect HDMI from the Dish receiver directly to the TV.

I try it but still no go
Man this really sucks !
If there's anything else I can try please let me know

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)