I will never do business with directv again.

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Looks like you recieved 2 new , they charged you $ 99 for one and $ 199 for the other one.

Did you get a HD DVR (2) ?

Thats $ 300 you did not expect., sounded like you thought they were free,
I would call Retention and be civil about it and have the explain the charges and then tell them what you agreed to with the CSR. Curiously, did you get a name and or ID number ?
All these calls are recorded.

Jimbo

Did you expect to get a $ 750 HR DVR for free ?

I expect to get what was offered to me on the phone which was a free hd receiver and a hd dvr for 99 dollars. and lets not try and distort the picture, the price of the hd dvr is 200 dollars, not 750.

Looks like you recieved 2 new , they charged you $ 99 for one and $ 199 for the other one.

I received a hd receiver and a hd dvr. I was charged 99 for both receivers but the deal that I was offered was 99 for both.

I would call and see if you can cancel the new equipment if you are not happy in the thirty days

Thats $ 300 you did not expect., sounded like you thought they were free,
I would call Retention and be civil about it and have the explain the charges and then tell them what you agreed to with the CSR. Curiously, did you get a name and or ID number ?
All these calls are recorded.

Jimbo

I tried being civil but was met by an abrasive csr in retention. I told them to pull up the conversation and you would clearly hear me state at least 3 times what I was getting and the csr agreed. Of course they said that they cant access the phone recordings. I have the guys name but that doesnt help as he did not note the deal that we agreed upon.

I received a hd receiver and a hd dvr. I was charged 99 for both receivers but the deal that I was offered was 99 for both.

In here is where I am betting lies the confusion and can likely agree that it is the mostly the CSR's fault and not the user; but not totally.

USER: both for $99 (he is thinking $33.33 for each or one @ $99 and one @ $0)

CSR: both $99 (he is thinking $99 + $99)

we would say $99 EACH

I can say I have NEVER read or heard of getting 2 adv devises for $99 COMBINED.

What is everyone's take on my theory; user? Once again I NEVER agree unless its on paper for me to read as opposed to listening to what a CSR or salesperson THINKS they are saying to me.

yep, but they dont even ask for it as they just look at the notes on the account. I just cant believe that they would take this stance with a longtime customer. If they dont eventually make some kind of attempt to right the situation I will cancel the minute that the contract expires.

I do not agree that it was not noted in the account; BUT can see a reason why it may not have been as the deal is a common regular deal; the $99 for one and FREE for the other WOULD have been noted as that would have been a GREAT DEAL!

This is also why am am totally against deal haggling; just set the prices across the board and post it on the websites and in print ads and FORGET about it. No confusion. No dealing with CSRs.

I would also say to sleep on it a night or two and try again with a fresh outlook and a more calm mindset. You will catch more flys with honey. If you have been a customer in great standing all these years you can get something worked out. I have seen too often. Don't jump over this it really isn't any better anywhere else and this is NOT the common, it is the rarity.

I asked several times, is this the deal:

free hd receiver
99 dollar hd dvr
the movers connection sunday ticket and premium package deal
9.99 hd pack free for one year

the csr agreed each time. was there a mistake somewhere? yes, I truly believe that but it was not on my part. i dont think they intentionally did it, but like I said, it is obvious that the guy was not paying attention to what he was doing as he never even updated my phone number on the account. luckily I clled back to verify so that the installer could contact me. I will gladly admit that I have made mistakes, but the problem is directv is not owning up to the csr's mistake.

I expect to get what was offered to me on the phone which was a free hd receiver and a hd dvr for 99 dollars. and lets not try and distort the picture, the price of the hd dvr is 200 dollars, not 750.

NO, the price of the "Leased HD DVR is currently $200, to buy out right, it's $ 750.
Or did you not know that you were leasing ???

Jimbo

lol,yep, it does have the used car salesman feel to it,,,

I dont want to think that the csr just fed me a line to get me committed for 2 years but with the way the directv system is setup it is possible. as a customer I have no rights to even challenge this from what I have heard from directv so far. I cant even cancel.

NO, the price of the "Leased HD DVR is currently $200, to buy out right, it's $ 750.
Or did you not know that you were leasing ???

Jimbo

did I ever say that I owned the hd dvr? or did you not read? I still fail to see what that has to do with the situation at all. I was offered a deal and did not receive it, and cannot do anything about it unless I want my credit ruined.

No, based on what you stated and posted bill, it does ring that the CSR MAY have been agreeing to agree. BUT I would try again or try to cancel within the 30 days and /or take it to your CC company at this point.

I asked several times, is this the deal:

free hd receiver
99 dollar hd dvr
the movers connection sunday ticket and premium package deal
9.99 hd pack free for one year

the csr agreed each time. was there a mistake somewhere? yes, I truly believe that but it was not on my part. i dont think they intentionally did it, but like I said, it is obvious that the guy was not paying attention to what he was doing as he never even updated my phone number on the account. luckily I clled back to verify so that the installer could contact me. I will gladly admit that I have made mistakes, but the problem is directv is not owning up to the csr's mistake.

I still would call Retention in a few days and see if they can help you.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

H20-600: 0x2042 Staggered Rollout 11/01/07

No longer allowed to sell DTV Equipment

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)