Indianapolis HD locals

Hey, here's to hoping that being removed from the 118 means that they are going to put it on the 110, 119 or (whatever the 3rd one is) that the Dish 1000 can get. For everyone who has got a Dish and is already in HD, that would be a blessing.

I also heard that Dish 1000+ production issues was the reason for the delay, so that would also follow if they are planning to move it to one of their "main" three. Just a W.A.G on my part though.

Search the forums and you will find that Indianapolis HD locals have been "postponed indefinitely". Unfortunately. So don't hold your breath or you'll die.........

ARGH! I'm going to snap my neck trying to put that old OTA antenna that I have up on my house. I just can't swing spending $200 for a new antenna, amp, and shipping.

Just talked to tech

I just talked to tech and they told me that we will have HD locals by the end of December. This could possibly be a way to get them to keep me as a customer because i am very close to leaving Dish.

I just talked to tech and they told me that we will have HD locals by the end of December. This could possibly be a way to get them to keep me as a customer because i am very close to leaving Dish.

Ya wanna buy a bridge?

Ok, just talked to Dish here too. They knew I was going to ask about Indy locals before I finished my sentance. Was talking to someone who seemed to know what he was talking about, MUCH more so than the standard rep I've talked to there.

He said they are real close on the same 3 markets we've all heard about, no news there (how long have we been "real soon now!"). However, the part that was music to my ears is that he said that the HD locals would "just show up" one day. I told him I thought I would need a new dish, he said that a 1000 should do it. Again, asked if they would not be on the 118, he said he would be extremely surprised if they ended up on 118.

So, if it isn't Dish 1000+ production issues, what is the deal? Some legal deal with the locals, or with the whole DNS thing?

Just got off the phone with Dish Network customer support. All they would say is that they are working on bringing us the Indy locals in HD. Their timeline could not be stated in an more detail than "Sometime in 2007."

I guess having them by the end of the year is now out the window. Shocker...

Well, I just checked DirecTV, and they do have channels 6, 13, and 59 in HD. I do like a couple of the VOOM stations, but missing the Superbowl in HD is not going to fly. I'll either have OTA in place or DirecTV by that point. Now I'm just going to add up the costs and see what is cheaper.

When the Indy Channels were removed from the system a while back, I contacted the Indy channels to try to find out what was going on.

I received an answer from two of them. Basically both of them told me that Dish pulled out of negotiations , and there is currently no negotiatins going on with Dish. They gave me three other options.... Cable, OTA or Direct Tv.

Fellow ticked off customer

I am happy I just found this site for some help why I cant get Indy locals with Dish. I have been with them for two years for standard dish, but took the plunge two weeks ago on a new plasma, and upgraded to hd without clarifying they dont have locals. Kind of sucked yesterday watching the Colts lose on a crappy picture. I too have gotten the run around from the customer service people, and I want to switch to Direct or Comcast but the 240.00 canceling fee is a problem. This simply is not acceptable, so gotta figure this out.