Indicate HD in the STB guide

Dishlover

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 27, 2006
Would like to see the discription indicate if a program is in HD. Then I can set my DVR accordingly- SD or HD channel. This feature is on the online guide. Don't see why they can't put it on the STB guide.

I was wondering the same thing. Channels like USA have lots of HD on them, however you can't tell what is HD as its not listed in the guide.

I don't know where it is picking this up as I don't see it in the descriptions or the titles but when I search for movies to record I use 'HD' as a search term and search the descriptions and it only picks up HD movies (well actually there are usually a few stray ones in there for some reason). This might work for regular shows as well (?).

Lately I have figured out something that most of you probably already know though - I locked out all of the crap channels (PPV and channels that I don't get) and with the HD only pack I now only have to search the movie list and it's much easier not to have to sift through all of the crap that I don't get.

On D* when we get a new HD channel, it usually takes a few days or up to a week (or even 2) before shows on that channel are flagged as HD in the guide. Not sure how E* does it, but maybe a little more patience and the HD flags will start showing up.

On D* when we get a new HD channel, it usually takes a few days or up to a week (or even 2) before shows on that channel are flagged as HD in the guide. Not sure how E* does it, but maybe a little more patience and the HD flags will start showing up.

It isn't their now for almost all descriptions. It is a change/addition they need to make.

Nothing is flagged as HD on E* that I can see.

Except the channel itself. It is necessary to go to the program description to see if that says HD or not but according to TBS, everything is in HD. Baloney.

And now that we have USA and Sci-Fi, I don't even see it saying if the show is actually HD. You need to actually tune to the show to find out.

I do admit I think an HD flag in the guide on the show name would be nice but there should be stricter rules on what is real HD.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)