Inserting a channel in Guide using HD Modulator and AM21

Status
Please reply by conversation.
A google search will find a station at the same rf channel number in another dma. It's not difficult like you make it sound.
If it were easy, I doubt this thread would exist. Programming a modulator to bundle the appropriate PSIP information in its output stream may not be trivial (or maybe it is).

That Claude has to go through all these gyrations is an unfortunate truth.

Rf ch17 right? How do you determine what psip to use? Binghamton NY is my neighboring dma.. that or somewhere near Harrisburg but I don't know direcsat dmas lol.. so I can in theory use a Binghamton station... now did you run the ant input to your mod then the mod output to the splitter to send to each am21?

Zeevee units are not HDCP compliant and won't work with any STB or HDMI fed boxes. HD component could work but you're better off with a modulator that's HDCP compliant using HDMI so you can actually receive perfect 1080i picture quality.
You have it "backwards!" ZeeVee products ARE "HDCP Compliant" which means they "comply with" the HDCP license agreement which PROHIBITS removing HDCP encryption and broadcasting any material that was previously HDCP encrypted on multiple TV's throughout your home. It is a VERY specific prohibition in the HDCP license agreement and any modulator vendor whose product will do that is in violation of their license. Many consumers don't realize HDMI/HDCP has a provision for revoking the licensed encryption keys of any vendor who allows such a violation so any modulator that does this (violates the HDCP license) could suddenly stop working if revoked. Your only recourse if that happened would be with the vendor who sold you an illegal product. There are companies who make illegal products to strip HDCP and they are MUCH cheaper than QAM modulators so if you are inclined to do this you'd be a lot better off with a fully compliant and "legal" modulator like the ZeeVee and a cheap stripper (whose keys might get revoked) in front of it. If revoked you lose a cheaper stripper and not an expensive modulator. Actually to call these things "modulators" is somewhat demeaning since the more complex function they perform is the MPEG encoding necessary before the QAM modulation is applied. Anyone considering this should also look into the Digital Millenium Copyright Act which might depending upon interpretation make it illegal to "use" any product that would defeat HDCP encryption even when no illegal copies of anything copyrighted are produced or sold. I don't understand how that could be but that's what I am told. I am 100% for protecting copyright owners and think penalties for illegal copying what someone else spent a fortune producing should have far larger penalties but I don't believe HDCP and all the grief it imposes on users who simply want to watch the same programming on multiple TV's throughout their homes has prevented any pirates from copying movies. They can copy the BluRay discs directly before that content ever gets HDCP encrypted so why would a pirate choose to copy analog video from one of those strippers?

This whole idea was a lot cheaper and easier before the "digital conversion". The old analog NTSC to channel 3 or 4 converters maxed out around $10.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)