Instalation Failure on Sat 99

Status
Please reply by conversation.

carpedesign

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Mar 23, 2004
Had my old HD unit upgraded to the H20 and 5Lnb Dish. The installer didn't actually plug the box in because he couldn't figure out all th wires I had in my entertainment center (I don't think he spoke much english). He said when I get home I can just plu it in anc activate; fine.

I got everything hooked up, went through the setup and sat at 99 failed (no HD channels). Fine I said I'd fix later. It downloads the guide and when it finishes is say to call to activate service.

Long story short, they could not get it activated, possibly a bad box. The tech online have no clue. It took three weeks to get a tech for the upgrade and they said I'd have to wait till April 10th, I did not accept and they got in touch with the regional office and said they'd come back today between 12 - 4. It's 5:30, and we have a no show. Direct TV CS called the regional office and they have no knowledge of this.

I have no faith in the techs, is there anything I can do to get that 99 sat to work.

There has to be some knowledge here in the forum.

Thanks

Had my old HD unit upgraded to the H20 and 5Lnb Dish. The installer didn't actually plug the box in because he couldn't figure out all th wires I had in my entertainment center (I don't think he spoke much english). He said when I get home I can just plu it in anc activate; fine.

I got everything hooked up, went through the setup and sat at 99 failed (no HD channels). Fine I said I'd fix later. It downloads the guide and when it finishes is say to call to activate service.

Long story short, they could not get it activated, possibly a bad box. The tech online have no clue. It took three weeks to get a tech for the upgrade and they said I'd have to wait till April 10th, I did not accept and they got in touch with the regional office and said they'd come back today between 12 - 4. It's 5:30, and we have a no show. Direct TV CS called the regional office and they have no knowledge of this.

I have no faith in the techs, is there anything I can do to get that 99 sat to work.

There has to be some knowledge here in the forum.

Thanks

The one satellite at 99 uses spotbeams. If they aren't pointed in your area, you will get a failure. What is your zipcode, and are you supposed to get your local channels in hd?

Yup, my locals are in HD. I am in the Philly/NYC area. 08848.

Why wouldn't I be able to see any programming? Every channel says please activate (except the DTV previews).

Yup, my locals are in HD. I am in the Philly/NYC area. 08848.

Why wouldn't I be able to see any programming? Every channel says please activate (except the DTV previews).

Your locals are on the 103 sat, which could explain why you are not getting anything on 99. Also, some H20's have had a software glitch that keeps them from "seeing" the 99 sat, even though the channels would still come through. Until you can download new software, it will act that way. What are your signal strengths on all of your satellites? Your dish may not be properly aligned, keeping your receiver from getting a proper signal.

Ditto above; and when you power up the unit for the very first time did you FORCE a software update? If not, you likely need to redo it.

Was this a pro or self install?

If you call a Direct TV a Professional installer (local satellite installer identified by DirectTV)?

Last night I was getting 80's, 90's on all the other Sats; Tonight I can't get anything on 99 or 103.

If you call a Direct TV a Professional installer (local satellite installer identified by DirectTV)?

Last night I was getting 80's, 90's on all the other Sats; Tonight I can't get anything on 99 or 103.

It sounds like the dish isn't properly aligned. Call Directv and let them know. They should send the tech back out to do it right, hopefully.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

FSN HD Houston - Tonight

equipment different?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts