Installer Is really Late- COMPS?

dlarruso

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jun 29, 2005
So after a week and a half of waiting from DIsh today is my install and I have been looking forward to my 625. I took a half a day off work, the guy was supposed to be here between 8am-12 noon. It is now 12 noon and the guy is not here and I have not heard from anyone. Can I get any type of credit from dish for the installer being late. When this happened with cable they gave me some comps and a $20 credit. Will they just say sorry? Or can I get some free PPV coupons or something out of them. Anyone have this experience?

dlarruso said:
So after a week and a half of waiting from DIsh today is my install and I have been looking forward to my 625. I took a half a day off work, the guy was supposed to be here between 8am-12 noon. It is now 12 noon and the guy is not here and I have not heard from anyone. Can I get any type of credit from dish for the installer being late. When this happened with cable they gave me some comps and a $20 credit. Will they just say sorry? Or can I get some free PPV coupons or something out of them. Anyone have this experience?
What you are describing is not unusual from DISH. How SQUEAKY a WHEEL can you be? :) :) :)

About 4 years ago when I signed up for DishNet, the installation was about three weeks (yes, weeks) past the date originally scheduled. I kept getting the runaround about receivers out of stock, and this or that problem they were having, and it wasn't until the 4th rescheduled date that the equipment was actually installed. (The company contracted to do the installation did have the courtesy each time to phone me at least a day or two ahead to reschedule for another day.)

I don't recall the details, but I called Dish Customer Service after the 3rd reschedule, explained what was happening, and was offered for my inconvenience an additional 2 months of the programming I selected at no charge.

So, I suspect if you give Dish a call, you'll get something extra to ease the frustration. If the first CSR you talk with doesn't offer a comp, I'd ask to speak with his/her supervisor. You'll probably also have better luck if you just state the facts and don't get nasty.

First off, yes you should have been called and explained the tech was running behind, but only taking a half day off work. The 8-12 window is for when they will show up, not including the time it takes to complete the install. Expect to be there for at least 1.5 hours for the install. If they show up at 12 that is considered arriving on time and the tech or sub was in compliance with the time frame

90 minute install? If it's not just a receiver swap, that's likely to be a HACK.

I take my time, do it RIGHT, including training the customer in how to use the equipment. I won't do more than two "cold" installs a day. Of course, that leaves time for service calls if needed.

First I said it would take at least 1.5 hours, not that every job would be that. Second I know you have been installing a while as well and cannot document for every other installer going to a job. In general a 625 usually takes about 2 to 2.5 with full education and such

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)