interactive CHANNELS IN OCT/?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

navvet

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Mar 5, 2004
does anyone know the status of interactive channels on directv. i heard they were coming back in october but haven't heard anymore about it/?

What happen to all those rumors about the new Interactive, HMO, and 20 new HD channels in October?

October is almost over?

Any new updates?

I've been checking newsgroups, forums, D*'s website, calling reps. I really want the interactive stuff, AND stuff like DISH has set up for the election would be great. (The 6-channel split screen).

I doubt we will be seeing HMO for the time being. Also the 20 new HD channels will more than likely wait until the new Spaceway satellite is launched next spring.

I can absolutely guarantee you will not see HMO in OCT or Nov and most likely Dec

On a recent visit to a campground group I belong to I got to play with DISH Network for awhile as I was the only one in the Family Lodge. I found the receiver with some interesting features and of course it's been a year now since we've had the interactive services which I miss a LOT

The interactive services on DISH blew away anything DirecTV ever had and this was on a low end receiver. They still didn't have local radar on the weather but they had about everything else including selecting your favorite cities list etc...

All and all I was pretty impressed and DISH has the Starz channels I've been asking for as well.

speaking of rumours what happened to all those international channels d* was supposed to get?

They have been quietly launching them. :) (I guess the reason for not heaily promoting them is because of lack of dish's and switching equipment needed to receive them)

Isn't that the Home Media Option? That's one of the bad things about a "partnered" service program; thay have to agree. This is one of the free feature sets on the ReplayTV just like the ethernet accessability. ReplayTV refused these partnerships because of the ability of those outside parties being able to kill user features or making them costly. Ultimately causing slower sales, but they are in no worse, or better financial shape than TiVo; they just remain a high quality, stand-alone, USER driven product.

charper1 said:
Isn't that the Home Media Option? That's one of the bad things about a "partnered" service program; thay have to agree. This is one of the free feature sets on the ReplayTV just like the ethernet accessability. ReplayTV refused these partnerships because of the ability of those outside parties being able to kill user features or making them costly. Ultimately causing slower sales, but they are in no worse, or better financial shape than TiVo; they just remain a high quality, stand-alone, USER driven product.

Is Replay the company even still around. I know their assets were bought by Denon, but does denon continue to produce Replays or are they going to develop something entirely different under the Denon name?

charper1 said:
They are just as alive as TiVo and still release new models under the ReplayTV name.

Thats good to hear. I had heard they just trying to clear out all the inventory. I think without replay tivo would definitely not have HMO and several other features.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Rain Fade

Looking for a simple setup

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts