ipad needs to connect to hopper every 30 days

mnevar

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Sep 8, 2003
My daughter is in Europe for 4 months. Before she left, she loaded her iPad with a bunch of movies transferred from her Hopper. She just let me know the iPad will not play them anymore because it hasn't connected to the hopper in the last 30 days.

Apologies if this is a known limitation. I did a search, but didn't see any hits.

Yup this is a limitation on recordings which is forced by he networks unfortunately.

Maybe you can try setting up a VPN connection at home and possibly the iPad will see the Hoppers over the vpn?

I haven't tried this myself, so not sure if it will work or not.

Well that sucks. IMHO this leaves me with no reason to go for a HwS when I upgrade...

Last edited:
I'm guessing most users don't travel for more than 30 days. I'm sure it has something to do with the content providers or something along those lines. You could always sling as well if you have a broadband connection.

My daughter says the videos are gone. Now, she's not the most tech-savvy, so maybe they are just being hid until it reconnects.

Edit: She sent me a screenshot.

ipad.png

Last edited:
I'm guessing that if she clicks ok it takes her to another page? Is she able to click OK and then hit Watch? It sounds like this is being enforced. Does she have an internet connection? She can sling live TV instead.

I'm guessing that if she clicks ok it takes her to another page? Is she able to click OK and then hit Watch? It sounds like this is being enforced. Does she have an internet connection? She can sling live TV instead.

Yeah, she's been slinging her series pretty well. These were movies she wanted for plane/train rides.

I'm still waiting to hear from her as to what happens when she click OK. I'll report back when I hear something.

The people mandating this and other forms of unnecessary and irrational DRM should be removed from society until their mental defects can be cured.

Yeah, she's been slinging her series pretty well. These were movies she wanted for plane/train rides.

I'm still waiting to hear from her as to what happens when she click OK. I'll report back when I hear something.

She said she gets the same popup when opening the app and when clicking on 'Watch'.

If the programs have been deleted off the Hopper or transferred to EHD, they can not be played on the iPad.

Lucky - Just went and checked the transfers again. This time they play. The only difference is the Hopper I transferred them from has been swapped out and is no longer here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts