XXI Century Explorer
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Lifetime Supporter
Feb 16, 2004
NE OH
Just pre-ordered mine. Anyone else?

Mostly excited about the improved camera and the 4K video capabilities. Improved fingerprint sensor is also a plus.

I thought about it, but could not since I will be out of the country on the 25th. Maybe when I get back from vacation.

I'm going to wait until the initial rush is over and visit my AT&T store and see what they'll do for me. I'm only one year into the contract on my 6 so I imagine it will be costly. I'm mostly interested in 3D Touch.

I reserved one at the Apple Store on Michigan Avenue in Chicago, since I'm in the city for a conference on the 25th. I am going to do the upgrade program. Thought about 6s Plus, but decided I didn't want to have to buy a new case as well, and really, the size of the 6 is perfect. Signed up for the 64Gb, but if they have a 128GB available, I might jump on that, for just a few dollars more.

Would have done Verizon's plan, but they don't provide Apple Care +, and as far as I can tell, you have to keep it for 2 years, and can't just do an upgrade in a year, and just reset the plan. But I'm going to contact them before hand, as the Apple Store reservation is just that, a reservation.

Edit: Just confirmed that if you want a new device on Verizon's device payment plan, you have to pay off the old one first. Nah, I'll stick which makes more sense. And costs no more, but lets me do what I always do -- get a new iPhone every year. :)

After my adventures with my 5s-to-6 transition, I'm comfortable with waiting until seeing what the iPhone 7 will be like. I'm mostly happy with he iPhone 6 and its camera. The only things that bug me about it are iOS issues related to Music and Siri so hopefully iOS 9 addresses them.

The 3D Touch sounds interesting and like the Fingerprint Home Button on the 5s it may be the stealth feature that turns out to be indispensable in the future.

I guess I need to head over to the Apple Store to see what all the buzz is about...

I'm going to wait until the initial rush is over and visit my AT&T store and see what they'll do for me. I'm only one year into the contract on my 6 so I imagine it will be costly. I'm mostly interested in 3D Touch.

AT&T website or store are the only places you can still receive a subsidized phone. If you have the old unlimited data and do not want to give it up it is still the way to go, the subsidy for 2 years (well 20 months) is $450.

AT&T website or store are the only places you can still receive a subsidized phone. If you have the old unlimited data and do not want to give it up it is still the way to go, the subsidy for 2 years (well 20 months) is $450.

Just for grins I went partially through the upgrade process online and they want $549 for a 64GB 6S with a new two year contract. That is supposed to be a savings of $200. Don't think I want the new one that bad. I'll visit my local store after things have calmed down to see what they say. I've still got my 5 as a trade possibility too.

Gave up on the unlimited plan long ago, first for the Hotspot support and now I use the Mobile Share plan with my iPad.

I used MyAT&T app to place the order. It was pretty easy to do. It showed all the phones on our family account and identified which ones are eligible for the discount upgrade: $399.99 plus tax for the 128GB model. Shipping on 09/24/2015.

Like most of the new models out this year, it is a nice enough device, but not enough to make me want an upgrade.

Once I get the new phone I will probably stop at an AT&T store to have it activated and to verify that my Unlimited data plan is still in effect.
I am also going to trade in one of our older phones (iPhone5). Hoping to get close to $100 for it. And will apply that toward Apple Care.

My next 2 year upgrade will be available next summer so we'll probably wait until Fall and do the 7 for my wife. I don't need a new phone every year. It takes me that long to figure out how to maximize the current model. :)

Mike- I would definitely get the Plus and 128GB. Immediately, I filled up my 6+ to 58GB with books and pdf files as my biggest storage. Second are images as I don't take that many pictures with the iphone.

The only problem I had with the 6+ was it didn't ride well on my belt holster in the traditional horizontal position. I bought a vertical one and that is much better, never catches on stuff. The 6+ is big enough that I rarely break out the ipad now to do web surfing. The smaller phone screens were always too small.

Note- Buy Applecare+ for breakage replacement. Buy the carrier insurance for lost or stolen. I decided to buy both, and also have the Apple Care + on my Apple watch.

I doubt I will go 6s plus, but if they have a 128GB model of the 6s, I will get it. I am definitely doing the Apple upgrade program, which includes includes apple care+.

I love the 6 plus. The size is great, just right for me. i knew the bigger size from the 5s was going to take getting used to but it works for me since I can read the screen well, and especially since I can still fit it in my pocket.

We were going to switch to AT&T but frickin AT&T wants $225 down on their next plan for my wife and I so with taxes it's like $560.00. Sucks because the phones were free over night shipping and we would have gotten them right on release day. Plus they are giving out $300.00 in credits if you switch.

We were going to switch to AT&T but frickin AT&T wants $225 down on their next plan for my wife and I so with taxes it's like $560.00. Sucks because the phones were free over night shipping and we would have gotten them right on release day. Plus they are giving out $300.00 in credits if you switch.

I have a lot of signal problems with AT&T and they don't care or want to fix their issues

My son-in-law has terrible AT&T signal at his new house, and AT&T wouldn't do anything about it, so he drove to Verizon and from their parking lot, called AT&T one last time telling them he was ready to switch in 5 minutes if they didn't GIVE him a booster that all his neighbors say they had to get. AT&T agreed and installed the phone booster for free. He now has good signal on his iphones. For what it's worth our Verizon iphones has the same issue at his place. For calls, we now have to use skype via his wifi. I'm not buying a Verizon booster for his place.

With iOS 9 no booster is needed, if the signal is bad it can use WIFI to make the call.

BTW WatchOS 2 has been delayed and will not be released today.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)