IR Remote for TV1?

Hampton80

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Jan 29, 2007
Rochester, Michigan
I have a 222k stationed in our Living Room. I plan on running TV1's HDMI to an HDTV in the Living Room and running TV1's composite (RCA) to a SD TV downstairs (and splitting TV2's coax signal to two different rooms as well).

If I get an extra 21.0 remote for the 222k, will I be able to control TV1's signal on the TV in the basement if I run it in Dual Mode? I couldn't find out how to do this in the remote instruction manual. I'm ok with having a mirrored signal on the Living room and basement tvs.

What would all you experts recommend?

I'm ok with having a mirrored signal on the Living room and basement tvs.

Then put the receiver in Single mode and TV2 remote will also control the receiver, if that is what I believe you are trying to accomplish (I may not be clear on your intention). Make sure you have the remote antenna attached to the receiver. If reception becomes a problem, you can do this:
http://tech.dishnetwork.com/departmental_content/techportal/Images/Tech/remotes/RemoExtend1.jpg

Thanks for the response.

Well, I'd like to use Dual Mode. I plan on having TV1's signal feed the Living Room and basement tvs while TV2's signal feed the Family room and Bedroom tvs. So my Dad can watch ESPN in the Living Room or basement and my mom can watch ABC in the Family Room or Bedroom.

But the question arises...how can I change the channel on the downstairs (TV1) tv? Can the IR functionality work with TV1's tuner?

take the new 21.0 ir/uhf pro remote and flip the #2 tab over to #1. go to the system info screen and then set your remote frequency. be sure that your remotes for the LR and basement are set to the same frequency. (your old #1 ir remote will work the LR, and the new #2 remote will be for the basement)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)