Is Dish Remote Access still working for you?

Can you still log in and use the old Dish Remote Access?

• Yes.

Votes: 21 70.0%
  • No.

Votes: 9 30.0%

• Total voters
CORRECTION/UPDATE

I have two email addresses. Somehow, the one I use for Dish is not the one for BB@H. Using the second email address, and the same PW, gets me in. :confused:

It works for me on PC, scheduled one show, and I'm watching a recorded show now. I can't get out of recording so that I can watch live tv, at one point I tried CBS live and it changed to CBS on my tv. I have a problem in that the controls in the info window are not showing but I can click blindly at bottom of window to get some action.
Dan

Last edited:
Yes, I can still access Dish Remote Access using this link:

DISH Remote Access Login

I log in using my same email address and password as my regular Dish Network account. Once I log in, the URL usually goes to 'http://dish34.sling.com'. For me, DRA is vastly superior to Dishonline, especially for controlling your DVR and scheduled recordings.

I don't know why DISH ever dropped Remote Access for DISH ONLINE in the first place. I can not get DISH online to work most of the time. DRA does work every time, at least since 221 software on my hopper.

As I've stated before, I envy you guys. I could no longer get to the old DRA once Dish changed their website. When I try to log in to dish.sling.com I get a web activation page which redirects to an error page.

It's really a pain since the only thing I've been able to get to work reliably on Dish Online is live playback. Often my DVR events don't even show up in DO and when they do there's the inability to pick back up where you left off playing them back (if you can get them to play at all), you can only play events from the beginning. It would be one thing to never have had that feature, but we did with the old DRA site not to mention the current mobile apps. Sometimes I would like to able to view remotely on something bigger than a 3.5 inch screen like on my 13 inch laptop, but since the mobile app works and DO doesn't I don't have a choice.

I wonder if DIRT could do something with my account so I could access DRA again. *sigh*

It let me log in with my Slingbox login, then when I entered the reciever ID I got this:

Warning: mysql_connect() [function.mysql-connect]: Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/var/lib/mysql/mysql.sock' (2) in /var/www/html/includes/db.php on line 70

Warning: mysql_connect() [function.mysql-connect]: Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/var/lib/mysql/mysql.sock' (2) in /var/www/html/includes/db.php on line 70
Error connecting to mysql

the site works fine still. must login with you Sling account username/password.

However, cannot get it to work with Chrome. Works great with FF. Those SQL errors are a problem on your system.

Really doubt the site will be around too much longer as they want everyone to use dishonline.

Noticed couple days ago the DOL is new. (software) It works really well on my Android, that is, after logging in 2-5 times! I e,mailed, but of course never heard anything. Not a bg problem, just one of those pains. I guess I could toggle a DIRT, but don't want ot bother one with such a small problem.

It let me log in with my Slingbox login, then when I entered the reciever ID I got this:

Error connecting to mysql

Same here!:rolleyes:

Ed

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)